At Ubisoft, some games are being phased out. Due to the shutdown of the servers, the online services of older parts of the Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Anno and Splinter Cell series will soon no longer be available.
If you really want to jump into multiplayer in the following games or if you still want to unlock some achievements, you’d better hurry up. All of them have already played twelve games at least a decade under my belt, but many are still played by a small but loyal community. Still, Ubisoft has to take games offline from time to time, like the publisher in one Foren-Post explained.
On the one hand, switching off the server means that Elimination of the (online) multiplayer modes these games, as well Features of Uplay Connect are not available anymore. This means that there are no more player statistics, you can no longer receive units (Ubisoft currency) through the games and the rewards in the games are also deactivated. The unlockable content of the games (ULC) is also no longer available. For PC gamers, even content that has already been unlocked disappears; console gamers keep them as long as they are still saved on the console.
The servers for the following Ubisoft games will be shut down this year.
- Assassin’s Creed 2 (PC): 1. June 2021
- Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands (PC): 1. June 2021
- Far Cry 2 (PC): 1. June 2021
- Year 1404 (PC): 1.June 2021
- Might & Magic – Clash of Heroes (PC): 1.June 2021
- Splinter Cell Conviction (PC): 1.June 2021
- The settlers 7 (PC): 1. June 2021
- Might & Magic X – Legacy (PC): 1.June 2021
- Ghost Recon Future Soldier (PC, X360, PS3): 2021
- Rainbow Six Lockdown (PC, PS2, XB, GC): 2021
- Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (PC, X360, PS3, XB1): 2021
- Rainbow Six Vegas (PC, X360, PS3, PSP): 2021
It is not yet known when Ghost Recon and the three Rainbow Six games will go offline, the servers of the other players will be on 1. June 2021 switched off. If it hits the online part of a classic that is very important to you, you still have a little time for one last game … until hopefully resourceful modders bring the game back to life.