Mouseover macros and WoW addons such as clique will soon be a thing of the past. With Patch 9.2 of WoW Shadowlands, both targeting with the mouse and actions via right and left clicks are integrated into the standard interface.
With Patch 9.2 from WoW Shadowlands two new features in the standard interface will make life easier for healers in particular. Instead of having to use mouseover macros to work on other players or to have to install WoW add-ons like clique, they become cumbersome Click keybinds and mouseover targeting integrated into the standard interface.
Who Needs Mouseover Macros?
Mouseover macros allow players to target a group member or enemy and cast an ability as soon as the mouse pointer is over the target. This saves the constant clicking around, which is especially useful for healers who have to constantly and frequently change the target. This also saves you the millisecond of click time that can sometimes make the difference between virtual life and death.
So far, players have written mouseover macros for each individual ability or use addons such as Clique, with which skills can be linked to the left and right mouse button. Like the dataminers from wowhead have figured out will be Both the macros and additional add-ons are superfluous thanks to two new features in the standard interface.
Click keybinds replace addons like clique
Strings in the game files of Patch 9.2 show the options for the ability to bind skills to mouse clicks.
- NEW CLICK_BINDING_TARGET_UNIT
Target Unit Frame
- NEW CLICK_BINDINGS_NEW_EMPTY_PROMPT
Click on a spell or macro to get started
- NEW CLICK_BINDING_UNBOUND_OUTPUT
- NEW CLICK_BINDING_BUTTON_DISABLED
Not available while in Click Cast Bindings
- NEW CLICK_BIND_MODE
- NEW CLICK_BINDINGS_BINDING_TEXT_FORMAT
- NEW CLICK_BINDING_NOT_AVAILABLE
Not available for Click Cast Binding
- NEW CLICK_BINDING_INTERACTION_TITLE
- NEW CLICK_BINDING_MACRO_TITLE
- NEW CLICK_BINDINGS_UNBOUND_TEXT
Unbound – Mouseover and click to set
- NEW CLICK_BINDINGS_SET_BINDING_PROMPT
Mouseover and click a mouse button to set a binding
- NEW CLICK_BINDINGS_CUSTOMS_HEADER
Custom Mouse Bindings
- NEW CLICK_BINDINGS_DEFAULTS_HEADER
Default Mouse Bindings
- NEW CLICK_BINDING_OPEN_MENU
Open Context Menu
- NEW CLICK_CAST_RESET
Do you want to reset all click bindings to their defaults?
- NEW CLICK_CAST_UNSAVED
You have unsaved Click Cast Bindings. You will lose any changes if you close now.
- NEW CLICK_CAST_CONFIRMATION
You have unsaved Key Bindings. Would you like to save them before entering into Click Cast Bindings?
Mouseover options in patch 9.2
The mouseover options indicate that you can choose whether skills should always be cast (always active) or only used via a modifier (in combination with Shift, Alt, etc.).
Mouseover Cast Key
- NEW OPTION_TOOLTIP_MOUSEOVER_CAST_SHIFT_KEY
Use the “SHIFT” key to cast targeted spells on your Mouseover Target.
- NEW OPTION_TOOLTIP_ENABLE_MOUSEOVER_CAST_KEY_TEXT
When held this key will enable mouseover casting.
- NEW OPTION_TOOLTIP_MOUSEOVER_CAST_NONE_KEY
No key set.
- NEW OPTION_TOOLTIP_MOUSEOVER_CAST_CTRL_KEY
Use the “CTRL” key to cast targeted spells on your Mouseover Target.
- NEW OPTION_TOOLTIP_MOUSEOVER_CAST_ALT_KEY
Use the “ALT” key t
- NEW ENABLE_MOUSEOVER_CAST
|TInterface\OptionsFrame\UI-OptionsFrame-NewFeatureIcon:0:0:0:-1|tUnit Frame Mouseover Cast
- o cast targeted spells on your Mouseover Target
- NEW ENABLE_MOUSEOVER_CAST
The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not advertisements as we are independent in the research and selection of the products presented. We receive a small commission for product sales, which we use to partially finance the free content of the website.