On July 8th, executive producer John Hight and game director Ion Hazzikostas took the time to present us with various news about the upcoming WoW expansion Shadowlands as part of a live stream. In this message we have summarized the most important findings from the stream.
Today, July 8th, 2020, executive producer John Hight and game director Ion Hazzikostas took the time to present us with various news about the upcoming WoW expansion Shadowlands as part of a live stream.
In the following we have summarized the most important findings from the stream.
WoW: Shadowlands – Release, Beta and Collector's Edition
- Shadowlands will definitely be released in fall 2020.
- There will be a major collector's edition for Shadowlands, including a large art book, the soundtrack, a Shadowlands mouse pad, pins and some other content.
- The Shadowlands beta will start next week.
WoW: Shadowlands – So was the Alpha so far
- Alpha started almost three months ago.
- During this time 2,124 players have ended Exile's Reach.
- The testers performed over 62,700 Torghast runs … 11,218 were victims of the Tarragrue.
- Blizzard reached 64,440 in-game bug reports. Added to this was the feedback in the forums and Co., which has already been implemented in several areas such as class balancing and Torghast.
- 817,508 quests have been successfully completed.
WoW: Shadowlands – That brings the beta
- The beta will have all the features, but there is still a lot of work to be done.
- Level cap is increased to level 60.
- There is the first glimpse of the Shadowlands endgame.
- Numerous other WoW players are invited for the beta.
WoW: Shadowlands – The Endgame of the Pacts
- The pacts are at the center of the expansion. As you play through the new zones, you get to know the pacts. At the end, at level 60, you have to choose a pact.
- With this decision, the actual endgame revolves around the pacts.
- You will receive a new talent tree, the soul gang, in which you can unlock and adapt improvements.
- You collect "Renown" through various activities and unlock "milestone" rewards that are related to your pact.
- Each pact has a sanctum, a kind of headquarters from which you can start many endgame activities and which you can upgrade and expand. There you will find a kind of travel network to reach other places in the shadow lands.
- In your sanctuary you can control the flow of the Animas via towers and guide anima from the zone to other regions, for example to unlock new events or quests.
- In the sanctuary you will also find an expanded version of the mission system: the adventures. Here you place your NPC champions on a battlefield map with several slots, the missions continue to take place in the background, and there is also an app.
- Each of the four packages has a unique feature:
- The Venthyr: Ember Court (a mini-game in which you have to make the Venthyr guests happy)
- Kyrian: Path of Ascension (you can pass special tests with the soul gang figures, including special abilities)
- Necrolords: Abomination Factory (you should construct the perfect body for lost souls)
- Night Fae: Queen's Conservatory (comparable to the farm in Mists of Pandaria, just a little more magical)
WoW: Shadowlands – More endgame content
- The Max Level Dungeon Theater of Pain (a kind of battle royale event with fighters from Maldraxxus, in the arena you are free to choose which challengers you tackle first)
- Return to the Maw: The zone is full of content that must first be discovered. Players are not welcome. There are not safe camps and flight points on every corner. Everyone wants your leather. And if you cause too much unrest, you will get the jailer's attention.
WoW: Shadowlands – come later …
- the test rounds for the Raid Castle Nathria
- the Mythic Plus section for the Shadowlands dungeons (as well as the first seasonal affix).
- Legendary runecrafting: The runner can forge a legend for you from special items – whereby you can specifically select a legendary as a project.
- Each pact has its own campaign, which will also end up in beta later.
- focused PvP tests
- There will be a character wipe on the test servers, in parallel the character copy will be available.
- Fine tuning, bug fixing, tuning
Here you can watch the stream again:
How does it look: Are you now even more excited about the release of WoW (buy now for 14.54 €): Shadowlands? Let us know in the comments!
Supports buffed – it only takes a minute. Thank you!
All readers get daily free news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts from us about World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. So far we have financed this page through advertising and kept it as free as possible from paid items, but since COVID-19 this has become increasingly difficult. Many companies will cut or cut their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets on which we unfortunately depend if we want to continue offering buffed in the usual way free of charge in the future.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as a buffed supporter so that we can continue to offer our content in the usual way for free without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, large or small, is valuable. Supports buffed – it only takes a minute.
Read these interesting stories too PC
WoW Shadowlands Beta starts already next week
Wow: Shadowlands Blizzard Stream – Let's Go!
buffedCast: # 545 with the end of Method, Server Links and Shadowlands
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free-of-charge website with this income. There are no costs for the user.