There is an interesting discussion on Reddit about how Baldur's Gate 3 could look more like Baldur's Gate and less like a new Divinity: Original Sin through simple changes.
Works for quite a few role-playing fans Baldur's Gate 3 more like a kind of divinity: Original Sin 2.5. For some, the "BG feeling" from the predecessors of the D&D role-playing series does not arise. But how could you change that?
How can BG 3 become Baldur's Gate?
Baldur's Gate fans on Reddit are already discussing changes that could make BG 3 look like a "real Baldur's Gate". The adjustments that are discussed include:
- Drawn character portraits instead of the 3D faces of the heroes
- Another UI that looks less like an MMORPG, but more like Baldur's Gate
- Other special effects and animations that don't appear to be from Divinity: OS 2
- Less dramatic animations (jumping) and skills that do not belong to magic should not look magical either
- Dialogue should show what the hero says and not a summary of what he said
- Short voice output for the spells
- The initiative system should be based more on D&D and less on Divinity: OS 2
- Characters should make distinctive sayings when changing
- Areas and the graphics in general should look darker
Can you think of anything else? No major upheavals on the game system like real-time combat instead of round combat, but rather small adjustments that would make the game more like the BG series. Something like a day-night cycle, dynamic weather or music that is more based on Baldur's Gate 1 and 2? Let us know your suggestions in the comments. It will take a long time for Baldur's Gate 3 to appear, and perhaps such minor adjustments can do a lot to create the right atmosphere.
Read too PC
What Baldur's Gate 3 and Star Trek: Picard have in common
Baldur's Gate 3: Is the RPG coming for PS4 and Xbox One?