It will be another month before the developers at Bethesda publish the probably most exciting content update for Fallout 76. In a preview article, the designers have now introduced the new dialog system from Wastelanders.
At the April 7th comes Wastelanders and thus probably the most exciting content update for Fallout 76. The new features include "Human NPCs" and a "Classic Dialogue System" – two systems that have long been an integral part of Fallout's DNA Survival online game, however, was missing for release.
In one Preview article the developers at Bethesda have now introduced the new dialog system from Wastelanders. We have summarized the most important findings for you below:
- With Wastelanders, people are returning to Appalachia, which of course also means that you can communicate verbally with the newcomers.
- In the dialogues you can learn more about life outside of Appalachia, educate others about the local dangers or just find some new friends.
- In conversations with your ally, faction leaders, and others, there are a number of ways you can respond. Keep in mind that words can be more powerful than the sword. You can win new allies, find alternative solutions or one Call the settlers and raiders build up.
- Some well-known NPCs such as Rose and MODUS have also been provided with dialog options. Their quests are the same as in the main game, but the interactions with them should now feel more alive.
- Depending on how you have distributed your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. attributes, you can sometimes do dialog-based masterpieces that others are denied. For example, you can verbally convince someone to give you their weapon. You can also work out better solutions or calm a tense situation.
- The developers have added a dialog history at the bottom of the screen so that you can keep an eye on what has been said. However, you have the option to hide the history if this display bothers you. If you have a conversation again or want to quickly jump to the answer options, you can just skip every single line. Finally, during a conversation, you can now adjust the camera so that you have a better view of your counterpart.
Starting April 7th, people will return to West Virginia on Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC! For all Fallout 76 owners (buy now) the update is free of charge. All Steam users can look forward to Fallout 76 being released in parallel on Valve's distribution platform – Wastelanders is part of the Deluxe and Standard Editions. Parallel to the release, Bethesda is offering two new packages for Fallout 76 owners:
Raider content pack
- Loren planter – A bucket when the soil is a little scarce (can be made in C.A.M.P.).
- Raider-C.A.M.P. – Give your Vault-Tec-C.A.M.P. a raider paint.
- Raider storage box – A storage box in the Raider style for your C.A.M.P.
- Raider faction flag – with this flag for your C.A.M.P. show your loyalty to Crater.
- Raider tracker outfit – With this outfit including mask and bandana you look like a resident from Crater.
- Raider Conquest Loot Bag – Raider style loot bag with skull.
- Raider Robber Backpack – A backpack in the Raider style.
- Power armor paint (Raider-Marauder) – A unique paint based on the Crater-Raider.
Settler content pack
- Garden bed trailer – A place for your harvest when the earth is a bit scarce (can be made in the C.A.M.P.).
- Settlers-C.A.M.P. – Give your Vault-Tec-C.A.M.P. a settler paint.
- Settlers storage box – A storage box in the settler style for your C.A.M.P.
- Settler faction flag – with this flag for your C.A.M.P. show your loyalty to Foundation.
- Settler mechanic outfit – With this outfit and hat you look like a resident from Foundation.
- Settler Traveler Loot Bag – Loot bag in the settler style, looks like a suitcase.
- Settler Replenishment Backpack – A backpack in the settler style.
- Power armor paint (Settler Vigilante) – A unique paint based on the Foundation Settlers.
If you want to get Fallout 76 with Wastelanders for the first time, choose between the Wastelanders Edition (main game plus update) or the Wastelanders Deluxe Edition (main game plus update plus the two packages listed above). These versions will then replace the currently available Tricentennial edition of Fallout 76.
Read these interesting stories too PCPS4XBO
Fallout 76: Bethesda was surprised by PvP unpopularity
Fallout 76: Wastelanders – official trailer reveals release date
Fallout 76: Wastelanders is coming in April – also on Steam!
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free-of-charge website with this income. There are no costs for the user.