At the weekend, Community Manager Hooley spoke in the official Diablo forum about the launch problems of Diablo 2: Resurrected and the solutions that have already been implemented.
Anyone who played Diablo 2: Resurrected from the day it was released had to be patient or take measures to reduce frustration. The launch of D2R was anything but smooth. On the weekend, Community Manager Hooley did in the official Diablo forum on the problems and presented solutions that have already been implemented.
- If players named D2R offline and online characters the same, there could be a bug that could make offline characters disappear or reset their progression. A permanent fix should have been released for the PC version by the weekend. A fix for consoles should follow as soon as possible.
- Unplanned character lockouts could occur in D2R. At the time of the post, many characters have already been unlocked again. The entire activation process is said to have been resolved over the course of the weekend.
- Some players were unable to create lobbies or join a lobby. Work is in progress to fix this issue.
- In addition, the team continues to investigate crash reports across all platforms to make D2R more stable.
- There is an AVX issue that is preventing players from starting the game. Several potential solutions have already been tested, but these created other problems that prevented them from passing the QA test run. Further research and testing will be necessary here.
- Once these pressing issues are resolved, the team will address the various, less critical, gameplay issues that have been reported by numerous players.
Here are the official patch notes from the weekend update:
- Fixed saves for offline characters that shared the same names as their online characters
- Fixed an issue preventing players from creating a game in their region after they joined a game in a different region
- Fixed an issue that caused the in-game cinematics to stagger or stall
STABILITY AND PERFORMANCE
- Fixed a bug that could cause players to crash upon launching the game who were using controllers (for PC)
- Fixed a bug that could cause players to crash upon launching the game because of an audio issue
Looking for a new gaming PC? Our Technology advisor PC for 1,000 euros can be ordered from our partner Dubaro as a configurable complete PC!
The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not advertisements as we are independent in researching and selecting the products presented. We receive a small commission for product sales, which we use to partially finance the free content of the website.