The people in charge at Blizzard talked about the Free2Play model of Diablo Immortal and revealed the approach and values with which they have approached this topic. We have summarized the most important findings for you in this message.
On the official website of Diablo Immortal the big info bomb exploded last night. In one of the articles Blizzard commented on the Free2Play model and in-app purchases of mobile games. We have summarized the most important findings for you below:
- Diablo Immortal will be free to play and will receive free content replenishments even after its release – such as new equipment, additional functions, classes, stories and areas.
- Everything should focus on gameplay and gaming experience. In-app purchases are never supposed to affect the basic gameplay of Diablo: kill demons and collect equipment! You can only get equipment by playing the game.
- You should be able to earn a large part of the things that you can buy. Purchases should also feel like a bonus. They are not necessary to have fun.
- An example of things you can buy: Emblems used for portals of elders be used. This is special content that can be customized with random modifiers. The use of emblems guarantees you certain rewards such as runes or legendary gems (but no equipment). Emblems also award portal points that can be exchanged for legendary gems, for example (all group members receive portal points equally, even if they did not use their own emblem). But emblems can also be earned.
- Second example: That Reforging the properties of an item requires special consumables that you can earn or buy.
- Immortal contains a Battle Pass progression system, which gives you rewards for completing seasonal quests and other in-game activities. The Battle Pass has both a free and a paid route. The free route allows you to receive rewards such as forging stones and emblems, while the paid route gives you access to exclusive cosmetic items and additional rewards.
- Players can anonymously exchange items such as certain materials or legendary gems via the market. You can also convert items found on this into a new game currency.
- Currency # 1 in Immortal: gold you get from enemies, chests and everything that drops loot in the world of Sanctuary. It cannot be bought or exchanged, you have to earn it. Gold can be used to upgrade items or buy random equipment from NPC vendors.
- Currency No. 2: platinum can be acquired through daily gaming activities or with real money. Players can also get platinum by selling items in the market. Platinum can be used to trade goods in the market or to make spells.
- Currency No. 3: Eternal bullets can only be purchased with real money. You can use them to purchase platinum and other items such as the Battle Pass, specialized reforging stones, emblems, and cosmetic items.
What do you think of this model? Let us know in the comments!
All readers receive daily free news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. So far we have financed this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid items as possible, but since COVID-19 this has become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or cutting their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we are unfortunately dependent on if we want to offer buffed free of charge in the usual form in the future.
For this reason we turn to you now. As a buffed supporter, you can support us so that we can continue to offer our content in the usual form for free, without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, large or small, is valuable. Supports buffed – it only takes a minute.
Read these interesting stories too
Diablo Immortal: Alpha starts soon, but without us for the time being – FAQ
The recurring question: When to start Diablo Immortal into beta?
Diablo 4 and Diablo Immortal: Blizzard is preparing for release
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free website with this income. There are no costs for the user.