Publisher Capcom has once again updated the list of sales of their games released so far. Values are based on worldwide sales made through September 30, 2020.
Monster Hunter: World remains Capcom's best-selling title by a clear margin. A total of 16.4 million units have already been sold. Resident Evil 7 follows in second place, with 8.3 million just over half of Monster Hunter: World sales. By the way, Resident Evil 7 is now the most successful offshoot of the horror series. Resident Evil Village, the successor, will be released next year.
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne was able to sell 800,000 more copies in the last three months. This means that the expansion has already gone over 6.6 million times over the counter. At the end of the report we have prepared the top 10 from Capcom for you. The publisher calls titles that sell over a million units as Platinum Titles. A total of 102 games from Capcom have now made it into this category.
Current sales of games from publisher Capcom
- Monster Hunter: World – 16.4 million
- Resident Evil 7 – 8.3 million
- Resident Evil 5 – 7.7 million
- Resident Evil 6 – 7.6 million
- Resident Evil 2 (Remake) – 7.5 million
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne – 6.6 million
- Street Fighter II – 6.3 million
- Street Fighter V – 5.0 million
- Resident Evil 2 – 4.96 million
- Monster Hunter Freedom 3 – 4.9 million
Capcom has not yet made a decision on the price increase for games
Capcom announces new sales of Resident Evil & Co.
Capcom: Record result despite moderate Resident Evil 3 numbers