To be able to work properly on a PC, you usually only need a keyboard and a normal mouse. But if you want to use your computer for gaming, you may need special peripherals. Of course, the vast majority of games can also be played comfortably with the input devices mentioned above, but the fun factor often increases immensely when the device is adapted to the respective game. And by that we mean not only extraordinary peripherals, which are often only used for special games, but also classic input devices such as mouse and keyboard. Sure, you can play an MMO or a shooter with the standard 08/15 Microsoft Office mouse. But if you want to be competitive, you can hardly avoid the appropriate items.
We have therefore put together a few Amazon offers that you can use to upgrade your computer to a proper gaming station – whether it’s a shooter, MMORPG, racing game or flight simulation
Perfect gaming mice for all occasions
Players have to aim well themselves, but a suitable mouse ensures that your commands are passed on perfectly. However, not every mouse is equally suitable for all types of games. While shooter mice are supposed to be rather light, MMO players need many buttons, for example.
- The Corsair M55 PRO RGB is an absolute all-rounder. Inexpensive to buy and comfortable to hold. This puts you in a good position for most games.
- The Razer Death Adder hits the same line, but is ergonomically even better adapted to your hand. This means that the hand does not get tired even on long game evenings.
- The SteelSeries Rival 710 On the other hand, with its high sampling rate and low weight, it is perfectly designed for fast shooters.
- Just like that Corsair M65 Elite RGB FPS. This even has an extra sniper button, with which you can temporarily reduce the sensitivity when aiming precisely.
- The Razer Naga Trinity on the other hand is perfect for all MMO or MOBA players. With the additional side buttons, which you can change depending on the game, you are always perfectly equipped.
- The Corsair Scimitar ELITE however, scores with additional thumb buttons, the position of which is adjustable. This makes the mouse suitable for all players who have small or large hands.
Mechanical, colorful and with extra keys – gaming keyboards
In addition to the right mouse, you also need the right gaming keyboard. Whether this really has to shine in all rainbow colors is an open question. The (mostly) mechanical keys provide good feedback and the extra keys can be programmed with all kinds of practical macros.
- The Roccat Horde AIMO is an excellent entry-level model into the world of gaming keyboards and offers everything you need. Additional media buttons and programmable buttons on the side included.
- Also the Corsair K55 RGB Pro offers all these features and is also splash-proof in case you like to eat and drink on your computer.
- The Corsair K 100 RGB on the other hand, is more of a premium model that leaves nothing to be desired. With fully programmable buttons, opto-mechanical buttons and backlighting that can be controlled by games, everything you could want is on board – even a connection to an Elgato stream deck if you are on Twitch.
- If you want all of this, but prefer to use Razer products, you can grab them Razer Huntsman V2. Instead of the Elgato connection, you get particularly hard and robust keycaps that will probably last longer than three PCs together.
- The AJAZZ Gaming Tastatur, the Corsair K70 and the Roccat Vulkan combine the advantages of gaming keyboards with a slim design by doing without the superfluous number pad. This means you need less desk space and you don’t have to keep your hands so far apart – an advantage in the eyes of many players.
- The Razer Blackwidow Lite is for everyone who cannot decide between a gaming keyboard and a classic office look. Mechanical keys meet sleek and sleek black design.
- And for everyone who really wants it to be extraordinary, let’s take them here YOU339 keyboard in retro design out. Gambling like in grandfather’s time … or something like that.
Keypad instead of keyboard, not bad either
It doesn’t have to be a complete gaming keyboard to play. Since you usually only use the left third anyway, why not just cut off the rest and leave out? What then comes out is a keypad which, after a short period of familiarization, is ideal for games of all kinds.
- The HXSJ V100 is such a keypad. It is actually the left part of a gaming keyboard with programmable keys. And all at an absolute entry-level price.
- The Redragon K585 Keypad is significantly more expensive, but also much better equipped. With additional macro keys, RGB lighting and mechanical buttons, it is a small but high-quality gaming keyboard.
- The Razer Tartarus V2 is then the elite league of keypads. Fully programmable and of the highest quality, it leaves nothing to be desired. For example, it not only offers additional buttons for the thumb, but also an 8-way thumb pad and a scroll wheel. If you want the full gaming boom, but don’t want a large keyboard on the desk, this is the one for you.
Simulations need good peripherals
The right peripherals are particularly important when it comes to simulations. A racing simulation with mouse and keyboard? You can do it, but then it’s just … not as fun as with a suitable setup. That’s why we have a few offers for you – both for beginners and full professionals.
- With the Tracer Sierra steering wheel For little money you get a decent steering wheel with which you can take your first steps in racing games.
- But if you are in the driver’s seat a lot, you should go to the Logitech G29 steering wheel slam, probably the best Sim steering wheel that can be found in this price range.
- If, on the other hand, you want to dig deep into your pocket, you will find it at Thrustmaster TS-XW Racer Sparco a competitive sim steering wheel of the top class.
- The Logitech G Saitek Farm Sim on the other hand, it is intended more for the agricultural simulator players. This makes tilling the fields twice as fun.
- It is well known that a kitchen chair is not a racing seat. The Z Zelus Rennsportsitz however, yes. Simply slide in front of the monitor, mount the steering wheel and pedals and off you go.
- Again there is with the Next Level Racing F-GT Formula the same in a significantly higher quality – albeit considerably more expensive. Such an acquisition should therefore be carefully considered.
- The proves that it can always be better and more expensive Playseat F1 Formulaby creating a real Formula 1 feeling that cannot be compared to any normal office chair. We know what we’re talking about, at least one of our editors drives several full-length F1 world championships with it every year.
- By the way, if you’ve ever won the lottery, it can still be more expensive. The DOF Reality Motion Simulator ensures perfect immersion when driving a sim – thanks to various force feedback effects and three-dimensional movements.
Up in the air – all around
But not only racing simulations have many fans on the PC. With the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, the flight simulators are currently celebrating a new high. And flying is not easy with a mouse and keyboard. In addition, such flight sims are only really a pleasure if they do not take place on a small monitor.
For the full drone sim experience, whether flight simulator or racing simulation, professionals use VR glasses. Assuming the right computing power, you get an incomparable experience.
- The Oculus Rift S is, despite the stately price, an entry-level device for your first steps in virtual reality.
- With the HP Reverb G2 On the other hand, you get VR glasses that are beyond reproach – not only thanks to a fantastic resolution
- If you already know that you want to spend a lot of time with VR glasses on, we’ll put them on HTC Vive Cosmos to the heart. Hardly any VR glasses are as comfortable. However, half a fortune is due here.
What peripherals do you have on and next to your desk? Is there something you never want to gamble without again or is all of this too much nonsense and you prefer a classic keyboard and a simple mouse?
The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not advertisements as we are independent in researching and selecting the products presented. We receive a small commission for product sales, which we use to partially finance the free content of the website.