The Japanese video game developer Capcom is responsible for games such as Monster Hunter: World and Resident Evil 2. Now the company, based in Osaka, has published new sales figures. The seven games currently on the market have very good sales.
The publisher Capcom was founded in 1979 and initially developed exclusively for arcades, such as the now legendary titles 1942 and Ghosts' n Goblins. The very first Mega Man followed for the Nintendo Entertainment System just a few years later, and Street Fighter 2 for the SNES in the early 1990s, which are still iconic video game titles that are closely associated with the genre to this day.
With the remastered version of Resident Evil 2, old parts of the survival horror series are now finding their way to the current generation of consoles. How popular the series is with the players can be seen from the sales figures. Over 6.6 million players bought the second part of the series, including 800,000 alone since December 31.
The Monster Hunter range sells even better than the Resident Evil range. With the latest offshoot Monster Hunter: World, a part for the home consoles from Microsoft and Sony was released for the first time. Since Monster Hunter: World was released in January 2018, the game has been bought over 15.7 million times. This is an absolute sales record for Capcom. The paid-for add-on Iceborn has also sold over 5.2 million units since September last year. The recently released Remastered to Resident Evil 3 is not yet included in the statistics, however, since the release only took place in April.
Other Capcom sales:
- Monster Hunter: World (PS4, Xbox One, PC) sold 15.7 million units (800,000 additional units since December 31)
- Resident Evil 7: biohazard (PS4, Xbox One, PC) sold 7.5 million units (500,000 additional units since December 31)
- Resident Evil 2 (PS4, Xbox One, PC) has sold 6.6 million units (800,000 additional units since December 31)
- Devil May Cry 5 (PS4, Xbox One, PC) has sold 3.5 million units (400,000 additional units since December 31)
- Street Fighter V (PS4, PC) has sold 4.5 million units (400,000 additional units since December 31)
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4, Xbox One) sold 5.2 million units (1.8 million additional units since December 31)
- Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS4, Xbox One) has sold 1 million units (Appears on the list for the first time)
As you can see from the sales figures, the games of the Japanese developer and publisher sell like sliced bread. Did you get one of the titles mentioned or do you have to buy one of the games? Write us your answer in the comments.
Capcom: Several new AAA games planned by March 2021
Resident Evil: Rumor mill of further Capcom remakes is bubbling