A week ago, CD Projekt Red turned to the fans with an open apology: Cyberpunk 2077 suffers from serious bugs, especially on the consoles, which is why the developers have announced several patches that will fix the bugs of the sci-fi role-playing game wants to get a grip. The first promised update is now available: Patch 1.1 was released for PC, PS4, Xbox One and Stadia, the file size of the update varies depending on the platform: For the GOG version, for example, 1.1 GB must be downloaded, for the PS4 / PS5 version, on the other hand, will require just under 17 GB.
According to CD Projekt Red Patch 1.1 should not add any new features, but only fix bugs. It also serves as the basis for the next patch 1.2, for which the developers want to eliminate further errors and "improve the gaming experience in general".
Patch 1.1: It's inside
- Various stability improvements including:
- Improved memory usage in various sub-systems of the game – characters, interactions, navigation, in-game videos (TV, commercials, news), leaves, laser effects, minimap, devices, AI, road traffic, the environmental damage system, graphics card-related and more.
- Various problems that led to crashes have been fixed (including loading saves, starting and exiting the game, and the last possible save point (point of no return)).
Quests / Open World
- Fixed the issue where calls from Delamain in Epistrophy would end immediately and could not be answered.
- Fixed the issue where players in Epistrophy would not receive calls from Delamain when approaching the respective vehicle.
- Fixed the issue where the objective in M'ap Tann Pelen would get stuck on "Answer Mr. Hands' call".
- Fixed the issue where Judy was teleported underground in Pyramid Song.
- Fixed the issue where it was not possible to speak to the Zen Master in Poem of the Atoms.
- Fixed the issue where Takemura would not call Down on the Street.
- Fixed the issue where Jackie could disappear into The Delivery.
- Fixed the issue where it was impossible to get out of the car in The Beast in Me: The Great Race.
- Fixed a bug where players could no longer receive messages and calls if they got too far from the quest area in A Day in the Life.
- Fixed a bug where Space Oddity would not update after opening the package.
- Retrospectively, the game saves were fixed where a rare problem resulted in the fact that you couldn't speak to Judy in Automatic Love because of an invisible wall. We are currently investigating the actual reason for this error.
- Fixed the issue where players could not collect their reward for the Freedom of the Press mission. Players who were unable to collect the reward will now automatically complete the quest and receive the reward automatically.
- Fixed the issue where Delamain would not say anything during the entire Epistrophy quest if players initially refused to help him.
- A bug has been fixed where the input request to leave the braindance was missing.
- An invalid item was removed as loot.
- Fixed the issue where the trajectory of a grenade was displayed in photo mode.
- Fixed the issue where particles would look pink up close.
- Fixed the issue where cars would not appear correctly in Crime Report: Welcome to Night City.
- Fixed the issue where the achievement Little Man – What Now? sometimes not unlocked after completing all missions and NCPD scanner offenses in Santo Domingo.
- The reason for the excessive size of saves was removed (this was related to the modifier that indicated whether an item was self-made) and already existing saves were reduced. (Note: PC saves that were damaged prior to the 1.06 update will not be repaired.)
- Fixed a bug where inputs were no longer recognized after opening the weapon wheel and performing an action.
- Fixed a bug where the "Continue" option in the main menu could load a save in the finale.
- Crowd performance optimization on PlayStation 4 Pro and PlayStation 5.
- Fixed various crash issues on PlayStation 4.
- Improved memory usage for character creation, mirroring, scanning, remote control of cameras and menus (inventory, map) on Xbox One, Xbox One X and Xbox One S.
- It is now possible to unlock achievements in the offline mode of Steam. Note: To do this, offline mode must be activated before starting the game. This does not work retrospectively.
- A bug has been addressed where loading the cache on NVIDIA graphics cards could crash when starting the game.
- The sound at the concert in Never Fade Aways should be heard now.
- Fixed damaged textures on several melee weapons.
- The default settings for the zero zone have been adjusted and are now more responsive. Note: This change only affects the standard settings.
New problems with the patch?
Critical voices have now been heard in some forums compared to the new patch 1.1 loud: Supposedly the update would be too a new bug in the already fragile quest "Down on the Street" through which the Do not complete task leaves. We have not yet been able to check the error ourselves, but we advise caution until CD Projekt has taken a position on the problem or published a hotfix.
Most recently, CD Projekt Red was open to the technical status of Cyberpunk 2077 (buy now € 59.49 ) sorry. In a video message the developers explained some reasons for the unfinished release and gave an outlook on the future of the ambitious sci-fi RPG. At the moment, the team is supposed to be mainly busy working on patches, and only then will the announced free DLCs be published. A graphics upgrade for PS5 and Xbox Series X / S is planned for the second half of the year. All information about the new roadmap can be found here in the message.
Read also PcPS4XBO
Cyberpunk 2077 according to Gabe Newell "brilliant", "many satisfied PC players"
Cyberpunk 2077: CD Projekt apologizes, new roadmap
Cyberpunk 2077: Another class action lawsuit against CD Projekt Red
Cyberpunk 2077: Romance or Sex in Sci-Fi RPG Tips
PCGH advisor gaming PC recommendation for 2,049 euros
(AMD Ryzen 7 5800X + Geforce RTX 3070)
3 for 2 at Saturn: Buy 3 Switch games, pay only for two
(including Super Mario 3D All-Stars for € 44.99, Animal Crossing: New Horizons for € 49.99, Luigi's Mansion 3 for € 49.99, Pikmin 3 Deluxe for € 44.99)
Take-Two Interactive Promo at Gamesplanet
(including XCOM 2 Collection for € 16.99, Bioshock: The Collection for € 11.99, Mafia 3: The Definitive Edition for € 13.99, GTA 5: Premium Online Edition for € 16.99, The Outer Worlds for € 27 .99 €)
Game server from 4players
50% discount in the first month at 4players.de
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free website with this income. There are no costs for the user.