For a few days, selected players were allowed to play in New World and give their feedback on the new online role-playing game from Amazon Game Studios. In an interview with streamers Rich W. Campbell and Asmongold, lead game designer Mike Willette spoke about which areas of the game should be improved based on the feedback from the preview event.
For a few days, selected players were allowed to play in New World and give their feedback on the new online role-playing game from Amazon Game Studios. We were there too, met with other editors, influencers and developers the helmets dented in a siege battle and then created a new character and plunged into the adventure on the island of Aeternum for a few hours.
The feedback from us and many other participants in the preview event can be summarized as follows: New World has a lot of potential and is already fun, but there are also various weaknesses that should be ironed out before the release.
In an interview with the streamers Rich W. Campbell and Asmongold Lead Game Designer Mike Willette spoke specifically about which areas of the game should be specifically improved based on the feedback from the preview event. In the following we have summarized the most important findings from the conversation for you. Then you will find the recording of the interview.
- The preview event had only one goal: To let part of the community loose on the game and then find out what was fun, what was still missing and what they hated. Based on this feedback, you want to make improvements until the release, whereby the priorities also depend on the specific player feedback. But do not expect that there will suddenly be rainbows, unicorns or flying dragons everywhere. In other words: As far as the basic systems are concerned, New World remains (buy now € 38.99 ) now of course the game that it is.
- One point of criticism from the preview concerns the comparatively small size of the game world. According to Willette, this is to be expanded to include new regions before the release. Even then, the game world will not be dramatically much bigger.
- The version of New World that we played in the preview event is a few months old. The quests available there, often very monotonous, in which you should knock down opponents or open boxes, will not be available in the release version to this extent. The developers want to offer more variations in the tasks and integrate the quests much more into the core game systems of New World.
- There should then be more variety in the types of opponents, in the biomes in the game world and in other areas of the game.
- With all this, according to the lead game designer, one must not forget that New World is an online role-playing game and will accordingly be supplied with updates and new content beyond the launch.
- The aim of the developers is that even a character with the maximum level 60 still has goals that he can work towards. It can be about becoming the best craftsman in an area and being able to produce the best objects in a targeted manner. Others may prefer to focus on PvP and dominating territory.
- But there are more challenges planned for the endgame than what has been seen so far. More content for the open world, but also challenges that lead you and your group into instances.
- A lot will still happen in terms of tuning. There will be adjustments to the level of difficulty, for example, but also to the speed with which you can reach the maximum level. There will also be balancing adjustments, for example for the weapons.
- After the feedback from the preview event, the developers also want to take another look at the global cooldown, which is triggered by skills across all weapons. The combat system should still not feel "spamy", but the logic behind it should be more accessible. Skill should continue to be important.
- There is a lot of discussion about mounts. One advantage of mounts is, of course, that you can get from A to B faster. At the same time, however, the world appears smaller and the chance increases that you will simply ride past exciting places instead of exploring them more closely. A final decision does not seem to have been made here.
What's your first impression of New World? Are you giving Amazon's online role-playing game a chance in spring 2021? Let us know in the comments!
All readers receive daily free news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. So far we have financed this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid items as possible, but since COVID-19 this has become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or cutting their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we are unfortunately dependent on if we want to offer buffed free of charge in the usual form in the future.
For this reason we turn to you now. As a buffed supporter, you can support us so that we can continue to offer our content in the usual form for free, without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, large or small, is valuable. Supports buffed – it only takes a minute.
Read these interesting stories too Pc
The first hours with New World: We alluded to the Amazon MMO!
New World: That's how quickly you reach the maximum level 60
New World: War! We alluded to the 50vs50 PvP mode!
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free website with this income. There are no costs for the user.