At BlizzConline 2021, Blizzard unveiled the long-awaited remaster of Diablo 2. The visually and technically remodeled new edition in 3D, which should appear in 2021, is based 1: 1 on the 1.14 patch of the original game. You can already register for the technical alpha and pre-order is also already available. In this guide you will find valuable tips about the game. Have fun!
At the beginning of Act 5 of Diablo 2 you start in the Fortress of Madness in Act 4 of the main game. First talk to Deckard Cain and Tyrael, who will then open a portal to Harrogath in the Lord of Destruction expansion. Like the camp of the hunters in the first act, Harrogath serves as the basis for trading and quests as the game progresses. The most important NPCs of the city are the alchemist Malah, the blacksmith Larzuk, the barbarian warlord Qual-Kehk, the wise Nihlathak, the orphan Anya, who among other things also offers gambling, and the always present Deckard Cain.
Mephisto and Diablo are destroyed, but the last great evil, Baal, was able to escape to the barbaric lands in the north. He is looking for the mythical world stone that created the heavenly, demonic and human kingdoms and keeps them in balance. If he succeeds in controlling the stone, the gates of hell are opened and the heavens and the earth are doomed. Your task is to prevent Baal and his hosts from doing their thing.
General tips for the 5th act
- The monsters and opposing fortifications of the 5th act are much more tricky than those of the base game. For example, goblins can teleport and cast powerful fire spells, death pounders shoot thorns out of the ground, catapults can shoot powerful poisons, and so on. So don't overestimate yourself when attacking!
- A high fire resistance is very helpful throughout the 5th act.
- In Act 5 there are a lot of golden treasure chests with good loot.
- New items, the runes, can be used in socketed items. They not only grant individual bonuses, but also additional rune word bonuses in certain combinations. A list of all rune words can be found here on the official website.
- The quest boss Nihlathak will send you to the afterlife with explosions of the corpses of your killed monsters if you are not careful. Proceed with tact when attacking!
- The three barbarian ancestors are also very strong quest opponents. Bring enough healing / mana potions, stay on the move and be ready to withdraw at any time by conjuring up a city portal – especially in hardcore game mode. When a city portal is opened, the barbarians petrify, but can be reactivated at any time by touching the altar.
- Baal and his bosses in the throne room, especially Lister the Tormentor, are very strong bosses. Retreat as soon as the going gets tough or you need supplies – an already open city portal is a must. A mercenary as a distraction does a valuable job here.
- The maximum possible number of sockets for "white" normal items is given in the official weapons and armaments overview. The number of sockets depends on the level of game difficulty in which the item was found. Larzuk's socketing of "white" items is worthwhile if you want to prepare a high-quality item for a certain rune word, for example an archon plate for the 4-socket rune word "chains of honor".
<img src = "https://www.buffed.de/screenshots/1020x/2021/02/diablo-2-resurrected-act-5-01-buffed.jpg" alt = "Diablo 2 Resurrected: Act 5 "/>
Unique act 5 monsters
In addition to champion monsters, the unique monsters, including the act and quest bosses, are a first-class place to go when it comes to the best items in the game. Below you will find those of the 5th act.
Note: The enchantments of the monsters mentioned here are basic skills that are supplemented by additional skills depending on the level of difficulty in the game (normal, nightmare, hell). In addition, all of the resistances mentioned become immunities in Hell difficulty, e.g. lightning-resistant -> immune to lightning attacks.
More guides for Diablo 2
Diablo 2: Act 1 – Quests, Rewards, Unique Monsters
Diablo 2: Act 2 – Quests, Rewards, Unique Monsters
Diablo 2: Act 3 – Quests, Rewards, Unique Monsters
Diablo 2: Act 4 – Quests, Rewards, Unique Monsters
Diablo 2: Great guide to finding magical items!
Diablo 2 Resurrected: Act 5 (Source: Blizzard)
Diablo 2 Resurrected Trailer
All readers receive daily free news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. So far we have financed this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid items as possible, but since COVID-19 this has become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or cutting their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to offer buffed free of charge as usual in the future.
For this reason we turn to you now. As a buffed supporter, you can support us so that we can continue to offer our content in the usual form for free, without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, large or small, is valuable. Supports buffed – it only takes a minute.
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free website with this income. There are no costs for the user.