With the recent patch 2.6.8 for Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls, there were three brand new class sets, a whole series of changes for legendary items, and a new game-changing seasonal mechanic that will mess up traditional builds. During season 20, all slots in Kanai's cube will contain legendary properties of weapons, armor or jewelry, which means that you can choose three armor properties, three weapon properties, three jewelry properties or any combination of all categories – of course only if that makes sense and really improve your performance.
This time the developers have given special love to the sorceress, who is the new one on the spell Hydra based set The Typhon Veil to get. Diablo 2 veterans who played a Frostorb / Hydra sorceress get their money's worth here. A whole series of legendary items have been revised to match, including the magic wand Spark rod of the snake, the wizard hat The magistrate, the source Etched seal mark as well as the one-handed sword Wish to die.
Based on these changes, a top Hydra wizard build can be put together for the 20th Diablo 3 season. Below we present the easy-to-play, yet lively build and its core elements, which are suitable for storming the rankings as well as for speed farming in adventure mode up to level 16.
<img src = "https://www.buffed.de/screenshots/1020x/2020/03/diablo-3-season-20-hydra-wizard-build-01-buffed.jpg" alt = "Diablo 3: Hydra Sorceress Patch 2.6.8 / Season 20 – Items and Skills Overview "/>
Diablo 3 Patch 2.6.8 Hydra Sorceress – Items
Note: Only the spells that are relevant to this build are mentioned here.
- "The Typhon Veil" set (5 of 6 items, gloves are replaced by a legendary (see below)) – The complete set doubles the duration of hydras, increases the number of heads of multi-headed hydras by 2 and increases the damage per living hydra head. In addition, the damage taken is reduced for each living hydro head.
- Tasker and Theo (Legendary Gloves) – Increases the attack speed of your companions and servants (here: Hydra).
- Wish to die (Legendary 1-Hand Sword) – Increases all damage when you Arcane flood channeled for at least 1 second.
- Etched seal mark (Source) – While channeling for at least 1 second of skill Arcane flood your Arcane Power Consumers' damage is increased and another Arcane Power Consumer's damaging trigger is triggered every second (Auto cast!).
- Ring 1: Gathering of the elements – Increases the damage of one type of damage for 4 seconds. The effect rotates in the following order between the damage types of the wizard: Arcane, Cold, Fire, Lightning.
- Ring 2: Ring of royal splendor – Reduces the number of items required for set bonuses by 1 (see above).
- Amulet: Crumbly necklace – As long as you take no damage, the damage dealt and the damage taken are increased. Because of this "quid pro quo" effect, we ensure that the sorceress suffers as little damage as possible and deals a lot more damage.
- Hergbrash's bond (Legendary Belt) – Reduces Arcane Power cost from Arcane flood.
- Ashnagarr's anemia – Increases the strength of your shields.
- Gemstones: Topaz (+ Intelligence) in the armor parts as well amethyst (+% Life) in the helmet.
Diablo 3 Patch 2.6.8 Hydra Sorceress – Kanai's Cube
The following items or their legendary properties come in Kanai's cubes:
- Spark rod of the snake (Legendary wand) – You can have an additional Hydra active at the same time. Your hydras deal 300% more damage.
- The magistrate (Legendary Wizard's Hat) – Your Hydras will now periodically cast Frost Nova and deal 300% more damage.
- Karini's halo (Legendary Ring) – After Storm Armor strikes a lightning bolt from an enemy more than 15 yards away, you take 80% reduced damage for 5 seconds.
Diablo 3 Patch 2.6.8 Hydra Sorceress – Legendary Gemstones
The following legendary gemstones are recommended for this build:
- Executor – Increases the damage of your companions, companions and servants (here: Hydra) by X% and reduces the damage they take by 90% (from rank 25).
- Corruption of the prisoners – Increases damage against enemies affected by loss of control effects by X%. Grants an aura that reduces the movement speed of enemies within 15 yards by 30% (from rank 25).
- Destruction of the beaten – Each attack on an enemy increases the damage he takes from you by X%. Increases damage done to bosses and portal guards by 25% (from rank 25).
Diablo 3 Patch 2.6.8 Hydra Sorceress – Stat Priorities
When enchanting your equipment, wherever possible, focus on bonuses to the main source of damage Hydra, Cold Damage, Critical Hit Chance, and Critical Hit Damage.
<img src = "https://www.buffed.de/screenshots/1020x/2020/03/diablo-3-season-20-hydra-wizard-build-02-buffed.jpg" alt = "Diablo 3: Hydra Sorceress Patch 2.6.8 / Season 20 – Active and Passive Skills "/>
Diablo 3 Patch 2.6.8 Hydra Sorceress – Active Skills
- Teleportation (Rune: catastrophe) – Generates a short-range pressure wave at the destination after 'Teleportation' is active. The blast inflicts 175% weapon damage as Arcane to all nearby enemies, stunning them for 1 sec.
- Black hole (Rune: Absolute zero) – Attack 3 (auto-cast): Summons a black hole at the target location that attracts enemies and deals 700% weapon damage as Cold Damage to all enemies within 15 yards over 2 seconds. For every enemy hit, the damage done by your Cold Spells increases by 3% for 10 seconds.
- Magic weapon (Rune: Defense) – Infuses your weapon with magical energy, dealing 10% more damage. When you attack, you receive a protective shield for 3 seconds that absorbs 4% of your life damage. Lasts for 10 minutes.
- Storm armor (Rune: Escape) – Envelop yourself in a cloud of electrical energy that periodically shocks an enemy nearby, dealing 175% weapon damage as lightning. Your movement speed increases by 25% for 3 seconds when you are hit by a melee or ranged attack. Lasts for 10 minutes.
- Attack 1: Hydra (Rune: Frost hydra) – Summons a Frost Hydra that deals 255% weapon damage as Cold Damage to all enemies in a small cone-shaped area.
- Attack 2: Arcane flood (Rune: Flame protection) – Throws a volley of projectiles that deal 400% weapon damage as Fire to enemies near the point of impact. Arcane Torrent damage is increased by 305% weapon damage every second, up to a maximum damage of 1010% weapon damage as Fire. You take 15% less attack damage while channeling. Every second you channel increases this value by 5%, up to a maximum of 25% less damage.
Diablo 3 Patch 2.6.8 Hydra Sorceress – Passive Skills
- Unstable anomaly – If you take fatal damage, instead of dying you will receive a shield for 5 seconds that absorbs damage equal to 400% of your maximum life. You will also unleash a shock wave that knocks back enemies and stuns them for 3 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 60 seconds.
- Inspiring protection – If you take no damage for 5 seconds, you will receive a shield that absorbs damage equal to 60% of your life.
- Power hungry – You deal 30% additional damage to enemies that are more than 30 meters away from you.
- Cold-hearted – Enemies that have been hypothermic or frozen will take 10% more damage from all sources during the duration of the hypothermia or freeze effect.
<img src = "https://www.buffed.de/screenshots/1020x/2020/03/diablo-3-season-20-hydra-wizard-build-05-buffed.jpg" alt = "Diablo 3: Hydra Sorceress Patch 2.6.8 / Season 20 – A Fast and Safe Boss Killer "/>
Diablo 3 Patch 2.6.8 Hydra Sorceress – Paragon Points
When awarding the Paragon points, which you receive after reaching the current maximum character level 70 for the experience points earned, you choose the following priorities per category (in the order listed):
- Base: Movement speed up to the cap of 25% (including items), the rest in intelligence
- Offensive: Critical Hit Damage, Critical Hit Chance, Attack Speed, Cooldown Reduction
- Defensive: Armor, Life%, All Resistances, Life Regeneration
- Adventure: Area damage, life per dropper, resource cost reduction, gold discovery bonus
Diablo 3 Patch 2.6.8 Hydra Sorceress – gameplay
Playing this Hydra build is easy: You start your runs with the activation of 'Magic Weapon' and 'Storm Armor', the buffs of which you keep up all the time. Make sure that you summon 'Hydra' (manually if necessary) and make maximum use of the 6 bonus of the Typhon Veil Set before you attack for the first time. When you encounter a group of monsters, you approach each other by walking or 'teleporting' and starts channeling Arcane Flood. Your next one, through that Etched seal marks triggered Hydra incantations and black holes should follow immediately. Have fun and good luck with looting!
Diablo 3 Patch 2.6.8 Hydra Sorceress – Image Gallery
Diablo 3: Hydra Sorceress Patch 2.6.8 / Season 20 – A Fast and Safe Boss Killer (Source: Buffed)
More information, specials and videos about Diablo 3 (buy now) can be found on our Diablo theme page.
Read these interesting stories too PCNSWX360PS3
Diablo 3: The infernal herd instinct event is back!
Diablo 3: Patch 2.6.8 for season 20 – patch notes
Diablo 3: Season 20 and season trip – appointment and guide
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free-of-charge website with this income. There are no costs for the user.