Soon it will be that time again: The upcoming Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls Patch 2.7.0 will continue with the next ladder season. The innovations include item changes and a completely overhauled companion system. Since a lot has changed again this season, especially with regard to the requirements of the seasonal travel, we present the most important things to you in the following guide.
Have fun and big loot in season 23!
Beginning and duration of the 23rd season in Diablo 3
The 23rd season is expected to start in March, exact information is still pending. Unlike the seasons, the non-seasonal leaderboards are tied to something called "eras," which each last about 6 to 12 months. The Era 13 started after the launch of patch 2.6.8. You can find more information about the eras in this blog post.
With the 23rd season, the vehicle system will be overhauled and transferred to the non-seasonal realm after the end of the season. Players can now equip their companions using a total of 14 different item slots, including trailer relics, helmet, shoulders, chest, gloves, bracers, belt, 2 rings, amulet, pants, boots, main weapon and off-hand. In addition, Diablo 3 introduces a new companion feature called "Emanate", with which the player can receive the intended effect of certain legendary powers and set bonuses when he equips his companion with the appropriate items. Together with the items in Kanai's cube, you can now really pack something on top. The current list of items with "Emanate" function is as follows:
The structure of the seasons in Diablo 3
- The seasons and season travel have been completely restructured with Reaper of Souls atch 2.4.x and include them no exclusive seasonal legendaries more.
- The completion of certain tasks of the season travel granted since patch 2.4 an additional rider in the loot chest.
- One of the rewards of the seasonal trip is Haedrig's present, a special package with set items. For reaching stages 2, 3 and 4 of the season trip, you will be rewarded with one of these bags, each of which contains two or more parts from one of your class sets. These gifts will be sent to you via in-game mail.
- The following class sets from Haedrig's present will be available in the 23rd season:
- They have been since season 5 exclusive rewards only cosmetic. Together with parts of the transmogrification set, you will also receive "The Conqueror" from season 5 onwards either Wings, an exclusive flag or a pet that will be unlocked by progressing in the seasonal journey. For season 23 it will be in addition to the Pants and boots from the exclusive Conqueror's Set give a brand new series of portraits dedicated to the theme of "Treasure Goblin Guardians". And if you need a companion on your travels, this is it Emerald snake just the thing (see the title picture above)!
The reincarnation (rebirth) of heroes for new seasons in Diablo 3
Since season 5, you can take any non-seasonal character and instantly convert it to a seasonal character. All equipment and all items in the inventory that your character has will be removed from him and sent to your non-seasonal account. In addition, your character will be reset to level 1 for the start of the new season. In addition, achievements such as successes, craft recipes, craft levels or previously unlocked spaces in the loot chest are left behind as part of your seasonal progress. In the new season, only your personal records, the character name or the time played will be continued.
The following rules apply to reincarnation:
- Equipment sent to your non-seasonal account must be picked up within 30 days!
- You can only revive up to three characters per season.
- Fallen hardcore characters cannot use the resurrection.
Requirements for obtaining an additional rider in the Diablo 3 loot chest
If you've been busy slaughtering demons over the past few seasons and have achieved the title of Conqueror every time you travel the season, then you've definitely secured a few additional stash compartments. But players that haven't been total five Chest compartments earned through season travel can unlock another compartment by completing the following Conqueror Stage tasks:
- Guardian of Sanctuary: Finishes a nephalem portal on the maximum level within 5 minutes on the difficulty level "Torment XIII".
- Kleinod makes you inventive: Upgrade three legendary gems to level 55.
- Clearer: Complete two achievements this season.
- Keeping at a distance: Kill the siege breaker beast on the maximum level and on the difficulty level Torment XIII in under 30 seconds.
- Where the money is still loose: Kills Greed on Agony XIII difficulty.
- Always trouble at 60: Reach level 60 Greater Rift (Solo Game).
- Infusion of power: Use Kanai's Cube to upgrade an ancient legendary item with a level 50+ gem.
- Cubic reconfiguration: Use Kanai's Cube to transform a Legendary Item.
The achievements of the 23rd season in Diablo 3
Achievements continue to be central to the Seasonal Experience, and they'll be rotated again in Season 23. Reach a level 75 Greater Rift to Simply divine / heart of a lion complete. Next we have Greed / greed for gold. Everything that glitters is actually gold here – if you can collect 50 million gold outside of the Realm of Treasure or its central vault. The fastest nephalem can try for Demon of Speed / Streamlined to complete a nephalem portal at the maximum level in under two minutes on the difficulty level X torment. For Masters of all classes and Game, set and win you have to complete eight different set dungeons, and for the wildest and fastest demon slayers is Boss mode / In a class of its own the right challenge. The following bosses must be defeated at the maximum level in under twenty minutes on the difficulty level X torment:
- The skeleton king
- The butcher
- Zoltun Kull
- Queen Araneae
- Siege breaker beast
More interesting Diablo 3 guides
Latest Diablo videos
More information, specials and videos about Diablo 3 (buy now € 11.08 ) can be found on our Diablo theme page.
All readers receive daily free news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. So far we have financed this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid items as possible, but since COVID-19 this has become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or cutting their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to offer buffed free of charge as usual in the future.
For this reason we turn to you now. As a buffed supporter, you can support us so that we can continue to offer our content in the usual form free of charge, without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, large or small, is valuable. Supports buffed – it only takes a minute.
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the website, which can be used free of charge, with this income. There are no costs for the user.