That's how long Warcraft 3 fans have been waiting for the Reforged reissue. It looked so good what Blizzard had shown from time to time from the remastered version. And now it is back, the disappointment of the players, because in the end the California game house did not deliver – again – the quality for which it has been known for many years.
In the early morning of the launch there was already one List of various known bugswho have favourited Blizzard in Warcraft 3: Reforged should come in soon. But these are not the only construction sites that the developers should take care of promptly. At least that is the clear feedback of many buyers of the new edition of the real-time strategy classic from 2002, who let their displeasure run free on Reddit and Co. Here are the main criticisms of fans of Warcraft 3: Reforged:
- Many problems that already exist and have been reported in beta have made it into the release version.
- Some features like the "Own Games" should not have worked at launch.
- With the release of Reforged, Blizzard closed the old client of Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne. If you want to start the old version, you will automatically land at Reforged. Playing Warcraft 3 online is only possible this way.
- Some things that were shown at BlizzCon two years ago, such as the new user interface or the heavily revised in-game sequences, are not included in this form in Reforged. The UI is more like the original again, the textures are less sharp and the cutscenes … see for yourself:
- In addition, the popular features of the original are missing, leaderboards for example, clan features, automated tournaments or custom campaigns and 3D-animated campaign backgrounds and portraits in Battle.net.
The result of all these points as well as the errors linked at the beginning plus the existing performance problems can be read on Metacritic, where Warcraft 3: Reforged achieved a shockingly low user score of 2.4 after 218 ratings. Clearly: One of the best (real-time strategy) games ever deserved more. Or how do you see that?
Read these interesting stories too PC
Warcraft 3: Reforged: Patch Notes and "Known Bugs" list
Warcraft 3: Reforged is now live! Launch trailer
Warcraft 3: Reforged: The story of the predecessors in the Recap