Valve has released update 1.4 for the VR shooter Half-Life: Alyx with some changes. Among other things, the developers have optimized the user interface and fixed some bugs. There is also an interesting innovation regarding the bottles. The full patch notes can be found in the notification.
The developer studio Valve continues to screw on the VR shooter Half-Life: Alyx. The latest result of these efforts is now available for download in the form of update 1.4, which you can download via Steam. At this point we tell you some of the innovations that await you. Among other things, the developers have optimized the user interface, added additional subtitles for different languages and fixed several bugs to improve the overall gaming experience. In addition, the bottles standing around now look like they are filled with a liquid. This has more of a cosmetic background, but is still quite nice. Here is an overview of all changes:
Patch notes for Half-Life: Alyx v1.4
- Added subtitles for: Brazilian, Czech, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Bottles now appear to have liquid inside them that sloshes around as you shake them.
- UI appears quicker when returning to Main Menu
- Improvements to addon management UI
- Added checks for users loading a savegame with missing addons (eg. Unsubscribed or deleted)
- Added error message if a game fails to load due to a missing map requested by an addon
- Various crash fixes
- Fixed bug where exiting the game by closing SteamVR could generate bad save files
- Enabled the Postprocessing Editor
- Added "Custom Character" example addon
- Added example maps for:
- Blind Zombie (aka Jeff)
- Hacking and toner puzzles
- Parked Vehicles and other Interactive Prefabs
- Visibility system
- Postprocessing volumes
- Added core functionality required for Lua scripting and added some Alyx-specific script bindings for querying VR controller input and creating nav mesh paths from entity scripts
- Enabled live bone constraints in SFM, which can be baked / enabled as procedural bones, like cloth
- Fixed case where some explicitly specified meshes became hulls. (Eg func_shatterglass will now build in a map without having to enable legacy collision mesh.)
- Added some meshes that were missing from parked vehicle prefabs.
- Made SFM UI less Dota-specific in a few places
- Fixed missing map models (mostly combine stations) in SFM
- Fixed import sequence in SFM to work correctly on sequences with animated root orientation
Supports PC games – it only takes a minute. Thank you!
All readers receive news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts about their favorite games from us free of charge. So far we have financed this page through advertising and kept it as free as possible from clickbaits or paid items, but since COVID-19 this has become increasingly difficult. Many companies will cut or cut their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets on which we unfortunately depend if we want to continue offering PC games in the usual way free of charge in the future.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as a PC games supporter so that we can continue to offer our content in the usual way free of charge, without introducing a paywall or clickbait news á la "And you will not believe what happened then …" . Every contribution, large or small, is valuable.
Update 1.4 for Half-Life: Alyx is available for download. (1) (Source: PC Games)
Also popular with PC game readers PC
Intro of Half-Life: Alyx reproduced in Far Cry 5
Half-Life: Alyx now with support for Steam Workshop
PC Games 05/20 with cover story for Half-Life: Alyx and Doom as a full version!