Valve's new VR shooter Half-Life: Alyx has received an update. This brings a feature that some fans have wished for. Finally you can turn differently.
You play Valve's new VR shooter Half-Life: Alyx? Then you may have noticed that the character turns a little "strange".
Improved shooting in the VR shooter
The Half-Life: Alyx update adds a new way to spin in the game. This is the "continuous rotation" option, where you can choose different rotation speeds. This was requested by some fans, who are now happy that the option has been added. The previous option "Quick Turn" is now called "Snap Turn".
Here are the patch notes for update 1.1:
- Improved turning options in Preferences:
- – Added "Continuous Turn", and associated turning speed options.
- – Renamed "Quick turn" to "Snap Turn" to make its functionality clearer.
- – Added option to disable controller turning.
- Improved hand-over-mouth pose usability for Windows MR controllers.
- Improved the resolution of impact decals on enemies.
- Improved automatic detection of default Quality settings for some machine configurations.
- Fixed an issue where some sounds didn't play as intended.
- Fixed an issue where the main menu could become less responsive if you had many save games.
- Fixed several crashes.
If you want to know more about Half-Life: Alyx, then read our test.
Also popular with PC game readers PC
Half-Life Alyx: Play without VR? Mods will make it possible, Valve believes
Half-Life Alyx: Which VR headset is best?
Half-Life: Alyx – The first international reviews are there