Game Director Ion Hazzikostas is excited to see how the WoW community will react to the events surrounding Sylvanas in the Sanctum of Rulership. You can find a summary of these and other important statements from the interview with AusGamers here.
Shortly before the release of WoW Shadowlands Patch 9.1, some developers from World of Warcraft Game Director were available for interviews to talk about the new update. We also spoke to Blizzard’s lead game designer Jeremy Feasel about everything important about Patch 9.1.
Game Director Ion Hazzikostas met with the website, among other things AusGamersto talk not only about Patch 9.1, but also about Burning Crusade Classic, community feedback and most of all about the story of Sylvanas in Shadowlands. In the following we have summarized the most important statements of the interview for you.
- The boss encounter with Sylvanas in the Sanctum of Dominion surpasses anything that boss fights have brought out in recent years.
- Ion looks forward to how the community analyzes and discusses Sylvanas’ actions in chains of domination.
- The exact details of Patch 9.1, such as raid bosses but also the important story content and twists, were created between the end of last year and the beginning of this year.
- The problems with Torghast could not be analyzed as well in the beta. That was because players on the beta server didn’t have a specific destination in Torghast, which of course changed on the live server.
- With the Torghast changes in 9.1, part of the difficulty level has been retained, but the feature has been made fundamentally more accessible to players.
- The relics and secrets of Korthia give us clues as to how the Shadowlands were formed.
- There we also find out what the mysterious portal stone is all about, which the hero uses to escape from the gullet.
- Combining different shoulder pieces was a far bigger task than just hiding one shoulder piece.
Burning Crusade Classic
- With a view to the Classic community, the developers learn what is important to these players and which important features are available with regard to modern WoW (buy now 14,99 € ) missed.
- In a team, people often talk about how to reintroduce mechanics, get players to work together, and maybe even make new friendships along the way.
The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not advertisements as we are independent in researching and selecting the products presented. We receive a small commission for product sales, which we use to partially finance the free content of the website.