With the latest update, Hearthstone developers have fixed a number of bugs and spiced up Battlefield mode again. In addition to two new servants, Patch 18.0 implements Kel'Thuzad's pussycat for the battlefield.
Patch 18.0 from Hearthstone is live and in addition to some bug fixes, a new hero has been added to the battlefield. In keeping with the upcoming release of the new Akademie Scholomance expansion, this is none other than Kel'Thuzad's loyal companion – Mr. Bigglesworth! This has the unique ability to steal an opponent's servant and all buffs if the opponent dies. More changes and new and removed minions for battlefield mode can be found in the gallery below.
New battlefield heroes, servants and removed servants
Hearthstone: Patch 18.0 – Mr. Bigglesworth sneaks onto the battlefield (1) (Source: Blizzard)
- Kel'Thuzad's kitten (Passive)
- Detect a servant from your opponent's troop when he dies. He keeps all enchants.
- (Level 2) 2 attack, 2 life
- Battlecry: Grants 3 random friendly servants with different servant types + 1 / + 1.
- (Level 4) 3 attack, 3 life
- Battlecry: Grants 3 random friendly servants with different servant types + 2 / + 2.
- Zoobot has been removed from battlefield mode.
- Menagerie magician has been removed from battlefield mode.
Game improvements and other updates
- Every gun in Hearthstone has received a class specific weapon frame.
- The cards out Akademie Scholomance will be unlocked for Arena mode when the expansion is released on August 6th.
- Free decks for new and returning players have been updated. *
- Returning players no longer need to complete the returning player experience to get their free deck.
- Poison damage now has a special display and animation.
- If you tap the Hide button on mobile devices when selecting a card in the game, the banner that describes the selection is now hidden so that the opponent's armor is no longer covered.
- Spells created by evocation are now discarded at the end of the turn instead of individually.
- Target indicators now show the enemy target selection more precisely for battle cries or spells with target.
- Removed a delayed damage effect from Crazy Bomber and Demolisher.
- The delay between the action of Surprising Turn and the mixed animation has been reduced.
- Fixed an issue that caused Galakrond's upgrade animation, Storm After Fourth Empowerment, to appear above the deck.
- Fixed an issue where hero portraits would not return to their proper place after attacking.
- Fixed a display bug with Deathwing's hero ability in battlefield mode.
- Lead Wolf and Bearmother summoning speed improvements in Battleground mode have been reintroduced.
(buy now for € 0.00)
* Only once per account. A returning player is anyone who does not get in for 120 consecutive days Hearthstone logged in.
Free legendary class card & quests to publish
Starting August 6, players will receive a random legendary class card Akademie Scholomance, when they log in, and can complete a legendary questline to get a total of six packs of cards Akademie Scholomance to earn! ** The quests will be available from the following dates:
- August 6, 7:00 p.m. CEST: Play 25 cards to play 2 card packs in Play mode Akademie Scholomance to obtain.
- August 7, 7:00 p.m. CEST: Play 20 spells in any mode to play 2 packs of cards Akademie Scholomance to obtain.
- August 8, 7:00 p.m. CEST: Win 3 games by 2 packs of cards in any mode Akademie Scholomance to obtain.
All readers get daily free news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts from us about World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. So far we have financed this page through advertising and kept it as free as possible from paid items, but since COVID-19 this has become increasingly difficult. Many companies will cut or cut their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets, which we unfortunately rely on if we want to continue offering buffed in the usual way free of charge in the future.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as a buffed supporter so that we can continue to offer our content in the usual way for free without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, large or small, is valuable. Supports buffed – it only takes a minute.
Read these interesting stories too PC
Hearthstone: Scholomance Akademie – Trailer shows new products
Hearthstone: Akademie Scholomance – all new cards (135/135)
Hearthstone: Free updated decks for returnees and beginners
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free-of-charge website with this income. There are no costs for the user.