Guerrilla Games has released the new update 1.04 for the PC version of the action adventure Horizon: Zero Dawn. Among other things, this should noticeably improve the general performance of the game. There are also a number of bug fixes and optimizations. The patch notes are in the message.
Update 1.04 for the PC version of the action adventure Horizon: Zero Dawn is now available for download. The responsible developer, Guerrilla Games, took the ongoing criticism from fans regarding the sometimes poor performance to heart. Depending on the processor used, there should be a performance increase of up to ten percent. This should also be noticeable in the cutscenes of the game.
Worth reading: The PC version of Horizon: Zero Dawn in the big test by PC Games
The update also includes a number of other optimizations and bug fixes. According to the developers, version 1.04 of Horizon: Zero Dawn should be available (buy now € 24.09 /€ 44.99 ) there are significantly fewer crashes than before. This should have a positive effect on the general flow of the game. Here is the full list of changes:
Patch Notes for Horizon: Zero Dawn v1.04
- Fixed a crash that could occur when users would create a new game and their save game slots were full.
- Fixed a startup crash related to the temp folder.
- Fixed an AI crash that could occur during combat.
- Fixed an AI crash in the EventMessageHandler.
- Fixed a crash related to WorldData sampling (the call stack would end in WorldMapData :: SampleAtPixel).
- Fixed a crash when users would instantly back out when changing sliders in the Settings menu.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when having the "Greetings" option open in photo mode and then exiting.
- Potential fix for memory corruption in AI routines which could lead to crashes.
- Potential fix for a GPU hang caused by a threading issue.
- Fixed a mismatch that would occur on Shader Model 6.0 and 6.1 hardware which could lead to a crash.
- General improvement to CPU performance (depending on CPU / GPU speeds, this can result in a 1-10% performance improvement).
- Improved performance of camera cuts in cinematics and conversations.
- HDR – Fixed color banding issues in HDR mode.
- Mouse Controls – Fixed an issue where mouse sensitivity was incorrect when framerate wasn't constant.
- Aiming – Fixed an issue where Aloy was unable to shoot while being able to do a critical attack near a machine.
- Cutscenes – Fixed an issue where geometry and textures would pop in after camera cuts.
- Adaptive Performance – Fixed an issue where lighting glitches would occur when turning on Adaptive Performance.
- Volumetrics – Fixed an issue which could cause blinking artifacts in volumetric effects, like fog.
- Visibility – Fixed an issue which could sometimes cause geometry to briefly disappear after streaming.
Source: Guerrilla Games
PC Games 09/20 with cover story for Star Wars: Squadrons
Horizon: Zero Dawn: Update 1.03 for PC for download – patch notes with the changes
Horizon: Zero Dawn – ReShade enables HDR without a corresponding monitor
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free website with this income. There are no costs for the user.