On the public test server for WoW Classic, the Blizzard developers are currently testing a change for so-called spell batching. The time window in which skills are processed by the game has been reduced from 400 milliseconds to 10 milliseconds. We'll tell you how that works in practice.
You have surely noticed: The Blizzard developers have been testing one on the public test server for WoW Classic for a few days Change for so-called spell batching. The time window in which skills are processed by the game has been reduced from 400 milliseconds to 10 milliseconds. So there should no longer be strange situations in Classic in which, for example, a spell still goes through although it was interrupted in time.
Blizzard is adding a change to the Classic cosmos that was in the original WoW (buy now € 14.99 ) was only implemented in 2014 (and thus also applies in Shadowlands). At the time, the Blizzard MMORPG was of course a completely different game than it was in the years 2004 to 2006. The developers themselves are curious to see what errors and unusual observations the testers will discover on the PTR, since the capabilities of Vanilla WoW around the spell -Batching time windows of around 400 milliseconds have been designed.
Some players have already shared their experiences from the PTR with the community:
- Many everyday actions like looting opponents, buying / selling items or picking up the mail feel more direct and faster.
- Important skills like ridicule now show their effect noticeably faster.
- "The healing was through, the other player is still dead" situations are significantly less frequent, because healings now hit the targeted target more quickly.
- Warriors will now do even more damage because they can play the Execute phase much more efficiently and it is easier to get an execution out of targets that are dying quickly (currently it happens quite often that the execution does not hit the dying target in time, the rage however is gone).
- In PvP there are significantly less strange situations in which, for example, both opponents turn into a sheep at the same time.
- Rogues will find it easier to run their chains of control efficiently or to dive into stealth in time after an Improved Solar Plexus.
- At the same time, it will be a bit more difficult for villains to counter enemy attacks with disappearing. This not only applies to PvP, but also to PvE challenges.
- It should still be possible for groups of players to receive a song flower buff at the same time if they repeatedly click on it the moment the flower is ready.
- Shamans will continue to do so Elementary mastery interact, as is currently the case (i.e. two spells cast in direct succession benefit equally from the increased crit chance). This bug was only fixed in WoW with patch 2.3.
- In addition to spell batching, there was also the so-called Melee Leeway in the early years of WoW a means to compensate for the slow PCs and Internet connections. Regarding the melee range, there have been no changes on the PTR so far, which plays into the hands of melee fighters. You benefit from the slightly increased range when moving, but at the same time you get your skills out faster.
All readers receive daily free news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. So far we have financed this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid items as possible, but since COVID-19 this has become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or cutting their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we are unfortunately dependent on if we want to offer buffed free of charge in the usual form in the future.
For this reason we turn to you now. As a buffed supporter, you can support us so that we can continue to offer our content in the usual form for free, without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, large or small, is valuable. Supports buffed – it only takes a minute.
Read these interesting stories too
Cyberpunk 2077 with record launch: top-selling games in Dec. 2020
Wow: Blizzard announces PvP changes for next ID change
Wow: Simulation vs. logs – how big are the differences?
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free website with this income. There are no costs for the user.