Season 24 of Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls is all about finding special weapons with powerful effects. The Ethereal Weapons from Diablo 2 will be adapted for the third part.
The developers of Diablo 3 the PTR for patch 2.7.1 an. From June 17th players can test the new class changes and the season theme. In line with the release of Diablo 2: Resurrected in 2021, Season 24 is all about the essential itemsthat already existed in the second part. These will be slightly changed for the season of Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls.
What are essential items?
In Diablo 2, ethereal items are special weapons with (mostly) powerful effects. Unlike other weapons, however, ethereal items cannot be repaired and will be destroyed over time. By giving ethereal weapons to your companion, adding a Zod rune (makes the item indestructible) or finding an ethereal weapon with the affix “repairs 1 durability per X seconds”, you can also use it permanently.
In Diablo 3, each class has the chance to find three of these ethereal weapons. An Ethereal weapon always drops with a strong set affix, a random class legendary weapon effect, and a random class passive ability. In order to adapt these items to the modern game, special rules for etheric weapons have been drawn up:
- Ethereal items are account-bound and can only from monsters, from boxes or destructible objects looted, but you don’t have to be level 70. Ethereal items cannot be created from Kadala or Kanai’s Cube.
- The Rarity level Ethereal items are somewhere between ancient and archaic items.
- There are three etheric items per class. Each item has fixed affixes and receives a random weapon effect and a random passive class effect.
- You can only wear one Ethereal Item at a time.
- Ethereal objects are indestructible.
- Legendary affixes and passive effects of the class that have been rolled onto an ethereal item do not stack with the same effects that you have unlocked via created items or via Kanai’s cube.
- If you find all 21 essential items, you will receive a special success in season 24 and switch permanently the transmog templates of essential items free.
- Ethereal items only drop during the season and are not carried over to your non-season character.
The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not advertisements as we are independent in researching and selecting the products presented. We receive a small commission for product sales, which we use to partially finance the free content of the website.