Magic: Legends by Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios is known to be an online action RPG, which, visually and playfully, quickly reminds of Diablo and Co. at first glance. You will soon be able to find out for yourself whether this is also the case at second glance and what the special features of the new game in the universe of Magic: The Gathering are like!
Those responsible recently announced that the Magic: Legends Open Beta on the PC should start on March 23, 2021 – via the Arc Games launcher. In the end, the game should not only appear on the PC, but also on Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
Source: Perfect World
"It's hard to believe that we can finally open the gates to the Multiverse for all players and Magic fans"says Stephen Ricossa, executive producer of Magic: Legends at Cryptic Studios. "Over the past year, the development team has worked tirelessly to bring this legendary card game to life. We would like to thank everyone who participated in the Closed Alpha for the feedback we gave Magic: Legends to what it is today. "
Initially, the action RPG is said to offer 175 spells inspired by the original card game, plus 50 artifacts, 165 pieces of equipment, four worlds and five regions. You will explore different worlds of the multiverse to collect these spells and create and play different strategic decks to control the chaos on the battlefield. Planeswalkers can also collect a variety of artifacts and spell pages to modify spells and their effects. Following extensive feedback from the Closed Alpha testers, Magic: Legends will also implement an equipment system that will enable powerful play styles for players.
Trailer introduces deck building from Magic: Legends
Incidentally, the developers recently published a video in which they introduce the deck building of Magic: Legends. Looked in:
- With your deck you define the powerful spells that you can use in combat.
- Your deck consists of 12 spells, but only 4 of them are available at the same time.
- The spells are divided into the five mana colors known from the card game, each with its own characteristics and characteristics. "White" spells embody the healing powers of light and order.
Source: Perfect World
- At the beginning you start with a pre-constructed deck in the color of your Planeswalker class. In the further course it is up to you to discover further spells and to incorporate them into your play style, to develop other strategies – and of course to try out the spells of other colors.
- Colors can be combined (up to 2 colors are currently possible in one deck), the ranks of your cards can be upgraded.
- There are three types of spells: creature spells, which you use to summon magical beings; Enchantments that give you a lasting effect; Witches that have a unique effect.
Source: Perfect World
- The spells also have different quality levels: often, not quite as often, seldom and incredibly rare.
How does it look: Do you have a look at Magic: Legends in the Open Beta? Let us know in the comments!
All readers receive daily free news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. So far we have financed this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid items as possible, but since COVID-19 this has become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or cutting their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we are unfortunately dependent on if we want to offer buffed free of charge in the usual form in the future.
For this reason we turn to you now. As a buffed supporter, you can support us so that we can continue to offer our content in the usual form free of charge, without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, large or small, is valuable. Supports buffed – it only takes a minute.
Read these interesting stories too PcPS4XBO
Magic: Legends: Gameplay trailer reveals game world and battles in the ARPG
Magic: Legends: Developers introduce geomages and mind mages
Magic: Legends: First gameplay is reminiscent of Diablo, not MMORPGs
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free website with this income. There are no costs for the user.