September 2020 won't be boring for Pokémon Go fans! After the mega-evolutions have been activated and you find opponents like Mega-Bisaflor and Mega-Charizard X in mega-raids, the people of Niantic will start a series of events around the mega-raids from September 1, 2020 (i.e. today!) Evolutions called Mega September.
By participating, you have the opportunity to activate the new feature for Mega-Taubsi, Mega-Hundemon and finally in October also for Mega-Gengar. There is also some temporary research at the second and third event. With the latter limited research you can again increase the chance of receiving the research for Mega-Gengar on Halloween 2020 and, and, and! Below is an overview of what exactly takes place for an event at what time, what rewards and bonuses are available, and what needs to be done for them. Buckle up!
Event: 2 million mega raids for mega pigeons
In order to unlock mega pigeons in the mega raids, you need to dated from Pokémon Go September 1, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. to September 7, 2020 at 10:00 p.m. two million mega raids are completed worldwide.
- In order for this to work, the spawn rate for mega raids has been increased and if you play in raids with friends, your Mon receive an attack bonus.
- There is also field research for the event that revolves around the mega raids and through which you can get mega energies for Bisaflor, Charizard and Turtok.
- The following Pokémon appear increasingly in the wild: Abra, Magnetilo, Kokowei, Rhyorn, Tangela, Elektek, Amonitas, Aerodactyl, Kramurx, Geckarbor, Flemmli, Loturzel and Roselia. If you are lucky, you will come across a shiny lotus.
Event: 275 million fights for Mega Dog-Monsters
In order to unlock Mega Hundemon in Mega Raids, you need to dated from Pokémon Go September 11, 2020 from 8 a.m. to September 17, 2020 at 10 p.m. 275 million fights are completed worldwide, this includes arena fights against defenders, fights against Team Rocket and coach fights – but not the fights in the battle league, consider that!
- During the event, you can earn energy for Bibor, Bisaflor, Charizard and Turtok through field research. If you use Mega-Bibor in arena fights, fights against Team Rocket or in trainer fights (without a combat league), Mega-Bibor receives a temporary CP boost.
- The following Pokémon appear increasingly in the wild: Raupi, Hornliu, Paras, Bluzuk, Sichlor, Pinsir, Ledyba, Webarak, Waumpel, Zirpurze and Burmy. If you are lucky, you will meet a Shiny Ledyba.
- Team Go Rocket uses other Crypto-Pokémon during this time.
- Limited research around raids and battles will be unlocked.
Event: Buddy Pokémon for Halloween research on Mega Gengar
From September 22, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. to September 28, 2020 at 10:00 p.m. Unlocks Temporary Research, which revolves around Buddy Pokémon and their Mega Evolution. If you do this, there is a chance that you will activate Limited Research on Mega Gengar for Halloween 2020.
- Mega-evolved Pokémon will not only stay in their new form for four hours, but twelve hours during the event.
- Knursp's duration is doubled during the event.
- Pokémon that are very large are increasingly appearing in the wild: Dodu, Alola-Kokowei, Pinsir, Lapras, Relaxo, Wiesenior, Woingenau, Mantax and Panzaeron. If you are lucky, you will meet a Shiny Dodu. Pocket monsters that are rather large also appear in the raids.
- During the event, you can earn energy for Bibor, Bisaflor, Charizard and Turtok through field research.
- If you take a snapshot with your mega buddy, it is possible that a Pokémon of the same type will photo-bomb your snapshot.
- Do the Temporary Research to unlock the chance for a Temporary Research during the Halloween event and then unlock the mega-evolution of Gengar.
All readers receive daily free news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. So far we have financed this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid items as possible, but since COVID-19 this has become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or cutting their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we are unfortunately dependent on if we want to offer buffed free of charge in the usual form in the future.
For this reason we turn to you now. As a buffed supporter, you can support us so that we can continue to offer our content in the usual form for free, without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, large or small, is valuable. Supports buffed – it only takes a minute.
Read these interesting stories too
Pokémon Go: Mega Charizard X as a raid boss – counter-guide
Pokémon Go: Mega-Bisaflor in Mega-Raid – Counter-Guide
Pokémon Go: Arktos as a raid boss – counterattack guide
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free website with this income. There are no costs for the user.