Netflix has announced which new films and series will be shown in October 2020 via the streaming service. Series highlights include the third season of Star Trek: Discovery and the mini-series The Queen's Gambit. As for the films, you can look forward to the horror flick Kadaver and the animated film The Colorful Side of the Moon.
With the preview of the upcoming film and series highlights of October, you already know what Netflix has to offer. We introduce you to what you can look forward to.
You can prepare for this
Among other things, you can expect a reboot of the film Rebecca, in which a woman enters into a romance with a widower whose wife apparently died under mysterious circumstances. Kadaver is a horror flick set after a nuclear disaster. A family agrees to attend a play for a meal. However, suddenly everyone has disappeared from the audience. The animated film The Colorful Side of the Moon is suitable for children. In it, a little girl builds a spaceship to meet a goddess who, according to a story, is said to live on the moon.
In terms of series, you can look forward to the third season of Star Trek: Discovery, in which the crew of the USS Discovery tackles the reconstruction of the Federation 930 years in the future. In the crime series Good Morning, Verônica, a police officer witnesses a suicide, which draws her attention to two cases of abused women. The Queen's Gambit is set during the Cold War, when the orphan Beth Harmon discovers her unusual talent for chess and wants to get to the top.
Netflix: New Series in October 2020 (Preview)
- Good morning, Verônica: thriller series from Brazil – from October 1st
- Emily in Paris – Drama – from October 2nd
- Deaf U: Documentary on the culture of the deaf – from October 9th
- Star Trek: Discovery: Season 3 – due October 16
- Somebody has to die – crime thriller – from October 16th
- Unsolved Mysteries: Issue 2 of the reboot – from October 19th
- The Queen's Gambit: New Miniseries – October 23rd
- La Révolution: historical drama about the French Revolution – no start date yet
- The One: Adaptation of the novel by John Marrs – no start date yet
Netflix: New Movies October 2020 (Preview)
- Hubie Halloween Comedy – Coming October 7th
- My 40-year-old me: Comedy – from October 9th
- The Trial of the Chicago 7: Drama – Coming October 16
- Rebecca: Reboot of the thriller – from October 19th
- Carcass: Horror – October 22nd
- The colorful side of the moon: animation film – from October 23rd
- Mank: David Fincher's film – no release date yet
Netflix: CEO doesn't rule out game development for the future
Netflix: Next mega project from the Game of Thrones makers revealed
Resident Evil: Netflix confirms season 1 of the live-action series with first details