Bethesda didn’t let the cat out of the bag during E3 2021, but presents us with a new trailer, an exact release date and reveals the story of the science fiction RPG.
The E3 2021 game fair was a star for Bethesda. The science fiction RPG is the next big role-playing game from the Skyrim makers; a game that they say they have been working on for 25 years. Here are the most important official information about Starfield at a glance:
- Name: Starfield
- Release-Datum: 11.11.2022
- Developer: Bethesda
- Genre and location: Starfield is a science fiction role-playing game that will take place in space, among other things, very likely also in spaceships and on new planets.
- Premise and story “Starfield is the first new universe from Bethesda Game Studios in 25 years. Travel to the stars in this next-gen RPG from the award-winning creators of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Fallout 4. Create a character according to your ideas and explore the endless expanses of space with almost limitless freedom. The goal of this epic journey? The answer to mankind’s greatest question. “
- Platforms: Xbox Series X und PC.
You can now find out more about Starfield on the official site of the game read up.
Check out the brand new Starfield trailer unveiled during E3 2021:
Confirmed: Official statements on Starfield from Bethesda
In some interviews, references to the upcoming science fiction epic have already been revealed, but not including whether it is actually a role-playing game – but it can be assumed with a high degree of probability. In an official interview with producer Todd Howard on the YouTube channel Develop: Brighton Conference However, Howard revealed a few details about Starfield, first and foremost that it was a Single player game with focus on the story will act.
More details from the interview with Todd Howard
- Starfield is a Single player science fiction game.
- Whether it’s a role playing game is strongly suspected – but has not been confirmed.
- It should bigger cities than in previous Bethesda games in Starfield, as well as in The Elder Scrolls 6.
- It will more and more important NPCs give.
- NPCs will also play a bigger role.
- The in-house game engine from Bethesda has been completely revised in recent years and adapted to today’s standard.
- There is none new Engine.
- As Howard put it in the interview, he should Graphic jump be bigger than that from Morrowind to Oblivion.
- Modding continues to be advocated and supported.
- Four to five times as many developers work on Starfield than before on Skyrim.
- Starfield and The Elder Scrolls 6 will be released via the Xbox Game Pass be available.
- The details of KATheHuman on Reddit.
See the first teaser for Starfield:
Leaks, rumors and supposed screenshots about Starfield
Shortly before E3 2021, the Internet shook a few leaks and rumors from the social media channels. Many of them are quite interesting, although all of them always come with one a healthy dose of distrust should be considered. This also applies to all leaks that we list below.
Im Mai hat Twitter-User @SkullziTV some leaked Images of Starfield published, which were then upscaled by other Twitter users and reposted in better quality. Whether the pictures actually come from Starfield cannot yet be said. Check out the pictures for yourself:
What stands out in the pictures (if they shouldn’t be fake):
- You can see one Third-person as well as a first-person perspective.
- The interiors of spaceships and spacesuits are also clearly visible.
- Leaving the spaceship possible with a spacesuit?
- Spaceship construction and crew management possible?
- Oxygen and weapons display
- Is oxygen management important?
- Is Starfield a sci-fi shooter or will there be melee weapons as well?
There are of course a number of other details hidden within the images that could be discussed.
Leaks and rumors around in the starfield
The mostly halfway credible leaks come from Twitter, Reddit and Discord users, who are said to have a certain credibility. For simplicity let’s all List rumors in a few words and then attach the source of the rumor.
- Several gameplay rumors passed through to Starfield Reddit user OdahP
- There will be ladders that you can use.
- improved “Pathfinding” of NPCs, better and more realistic routines
- Spaceships can be controlled.
- Spaceships can be built and furnished.
- Crew management within the spaceships
- There will be areas without gravity.
- There will also be areas of artificial gravity.
- Fight between spaceships
- Summary of possible Factions and other names in Starfield on Reddit (also based on the leaked screenshots):
- Space Nation Alliance (SNA) may be a big faction in Starfield.
- Axion Energy is a company in the game that produces and markets energy.
- Creet World Base is a space station.
- BlackFleet is the leaked name of a spaceship type.
- The abbreviation TEC seems to stand for a construction company (spaceship construction?).
- Text analyzed in the Starfield trailer (FHXerxeth on Reddit)
- The word part “Const” becomes visible in the trailer, it stands for Constellation.
It remains to be seen whether these leaks and rumors are true. At least it is now clear that Starfield will be released at the end of 2022 – and that it will actually be available exclusively for Xbox and PC. So no version for the PS5.