The people in charge at Larian recently released the opening cinematic trailer for Baldur's Gate 3, put the product page of the game online on Steam and provided us with a lot of nice gameplay screenshots. We have prepared this and the trailer for you here in the report.
Since the Announcement of Baldur's Gate 3 we are concerned with whether the developers of Larian Studios are seamlessly involved with the third part of the iconic RPG series impressive quality from Divinity: Original Sin 2 can build on. It will be some time before we get an answer. But everything we've seen so far leaves us very optimistic. And that includes the newly released opening cinematic trailer for Baldur's Gate 3 and a whole series of gameplay screenshots that we received from the developers in the course of a press release. Obviously we don't want to withhold this from you.
First the atmospheric, new CGI trailer:
The starting point of the story is described in the press release as follows:
"Mysterious forces awaken in the players after the Mind Flayer parasite has entered their brains. They have to fight them and use the forces of darkness against them. Or they give themselves up to corruption and become the ultimate evil.
The players return to the Forgotten Realms and experience a story about community and betrayal, sacrifice and survival and the lure of absolute power. They turn into a monster, but corruption increases their power. This power will make it possible to survive, but it has a price. The bonds with the group members could prove to be more valuable than any ability. Caught in a conflict between supernatural forces, the fate of the Forgotten Realms is decided together. "
The core features of Baldur's Gate 3 read as follows:
- Online multiplayer mode with up to four players allows players to join forces or split the group to pursue independent adventures. Together they can make the perfect plan or bring chaos to their friends.
- Origin Characters offer a handmade experience with unique characteristics, motivations and worldviews. Their stories are linked to world events and it is up to the players to decide whether their stories end in salvation or not.
- Next-generation turn-based battles build on the D&D 5e rules. Team-based initiative, advantages and disadvantages, as well as roll modifiers, combine combat cameras and expanded interaction options with the environment and result in a fluid combat system that rewards strategic and forward-looking thinking.
- The future of the Forgotten Realms is in the hands of the players. The decisions of the players and the dice determine whether they win or lose.
- Player-initiated turn-based mode allows players to pause what is happening at any time – even outside of combat. Players can use this to perform a maneuver with the highest precision, to secure a tactical advantage before a fight or to escape a deadly trap.
And now the new gameplay screenshots:
Gameplay impressions from Baldur's Gate 3. (1) (Source: Larian Studios)
Read these interesting stories too PC
Baldur's Gate 3 Preview: Potential role-playing hit presented
Baldur's Gate 3: Gameplay is shown at PAX East
Baldur's Gate 3: Teaser from the production of the RPG sequel