Since an update to Path of Exile, players have been complaining about unbearable bloom effects that make some areas visually unplayable. Patch 3.11.1f finally fixes this problem.
If you've been exploring the Delve mine in Path of Exile lately, hopefully you've had welding goggles with you when you use flares. Because the developers have a new bloom effect built into the game, which partially provided absolutely dazzling effects. In some cases, this even had an effect on the MTX decorations and portals in the personal hideout – the uproar in the community was correspondingly great. Even explanations by the developers didn't help. Patch 3.11.1f finally offers controls for the bloom effect.
Minimal bloom effect available in Path of Exile
So far, players had to fear the "Bloom of Doom", especially in the icy areas of Delve, as one user demonstrated:
But in the Patch notes from patch 3.11.1f there are some changes that will make you happy:
- Bloom is now applied after exposure, which should reduce the intensity of Bloom throughout the game, especially in dark areas.
- A slider for Bloom has been added in the graphic options, with which you can set the intensity of Bloom effects between 25% and 130% of the base value.
- Many areas have been adjusted so that they are no longer quite as bright.
- The intensity of the bloom effects of torches in the azurite mine has been reduced.
According to the developers, less than 25 percent Bloom is not feasible – because some skills need the effect in order to be visible at all. The end result can be seen again (literally). The player "top2000" demonstrates what the minimal bloom effect of 25 percent looks like in Path of Exile:
If you want to see a direct comparison to an ice cave in Delve, top2000 also has a screenshot posted from this corner of the gamet.
Other patch notes deal primarily with bug fixes
While most players will be interested in the Bloom improvements, the patch also fixes a few other bugs and glitches in the game:
- Messages that are to be sent in a global chat channel and contain "WTS" (Want To Sell) are now automatically switched to the trading channel. This has been done so that words ending with "wts" such as e.g. "newts" should not be affected.
- Special characters are no longer required to search for public groups.
- Fixed a bug where Harvest crafting options could be applied to items in "Remove Only" chest slots.
- Fixed a bug where the Sacred Grove could be entered outside of the Harvest Leagues.
- A bug has been fixed where the lettering for the portal to the Sacred Grove was already visible in different map areas before interacting with the seed pod.
- Fixed a rare bug that prevented the Conquerors from spawning in the Atlas. This occurred after migrating from a self-sufficient league (SSF).
- Fixed a bug that could cause rooms to appear twice in the Temple of Atzoatl.
- Fixed a bug from 3.11.1d where the delayed shock waves of the Betrayal skill "X-Slash" did no damage.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused black boxes to be rendered over objects.
- Fixed a bug where Shadowy would cause the textures of some cosmetic effects to be temporarily lost when the buff expired.
- Fixed a bug that occurred after correcting a passive cluster gem setting. Changing an instance refunded the correction point.
- Fixed a rare visual bug where crafting options that were not yet unlocked looked like they were already unlocked.
- Fixed a client crash that could occur with Shield Rush.
- Fixed a client crash that could occur when using the Vulkan renderer and taking a screenshot.
- Fixed an instance crash that could occur in the unique 'Hall of Grand Masters' map.
All readers receive daily free news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. So far we have financed this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid items as possible, but since COVID-19 this has become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or cutting their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to offer buffed free of charge as usual in the future.
For this reason we turn to you now. As a buffed supporter, you can support us so that we can continue to offer our content in the usual form free of charge, without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, large or small, is valuable. Supports buffed – it only takes a minute.
Read these interesting stories too PcPS4XBO
Path of Exile: Does the popular harvest mechanic come into the main game?
Path of Exile: Patch saves crafting from harvest / free items in the shop
Path of Exile: The chaos in our chests – Community is pissed off
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free website with this income. There are no costs for the user.