First of all, a note on my own behalf with an apology. As some of you may have already noticed, there was a problem with the delivery of the current Games Aktuell with our (now former) print shop, which, despite our efforts, caused the issue to reach the subscribers late and also went on sale. Since we had to find an alternative at short notice, these problems indirectly affect this edition of PC Games (and play4). As a result, the delivery to you and to the retailer is expected to be delayed by a few days, so that the issue will open at 02.01.2020 among subscribers and on the dealer shelves. This is annoying and probably annoys us as much as you, but of course we apologize. From the next edition everything will go back to normal. By the way, the digital edition is not affected, as scheduled, it will be available in virtual shops from December 28th.
But we come to more pleasant topics: The year 2020 is here, a new generation of consoles is about to be launched, which will inevitably also have an impact on the PC games market. But before that we can expect almost a whole year full of exciting games. We present the most important and interesting ones in our cover story, including information about Cyberpunk 2077, Death Stranding, Doom Eternal, Star Citizen, Half-Life: Alyx and the Microsoft Flight Simulator.
In the tests, we look at the last major releases of 2019. For example, Mechwarrior is finally making a comeback with the fifth part, the same applies to Shenmue with the third part, Age of Empires 2 with the Definitive Edition and XCOM inventor Julian Gollop with Phoenix Point. We also take Transport Fever 2 and the action RPG excursion of the Darksiders series, Genesis. And: Of course, after all the starting difficulties, we also take a close look at the PC version of Red Dead Redemption 2. If you still have problems with the Western epic, our tuning tips may also help you.
The magazine section, however, starts with our usual annual review. We review 2019, select our editorial games and disappointments of the year and dedicate ourselves to excitement, trends and curiosities in the past year. Apart from that, in the magazine, hardware and extended part you can also find a guide to VR headsets, a report on WQHD monitors or a large shopping guide for PC gamepads. Buyers of the extended version are also happy about our (digital) full version of the adventure The Pillars of the Earth, based on Ken Follett's cult novel.
Source: PC Games
- Cover story: Hits 2020. Cyberpunk 2077, Half-Life: Alyx, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Doom Eternal – the year is full of potential hits and in our cover story we present you the most promising.
- Full version: Ken Folletts The Pillars of the Earth (digital, only included in the extended version of the PC Games)
- Current: The hits 2020, including with Cyberpunk 2077, Death Stranding, Doom Eternal, Star Citizen, Resident Evil: Resistance, Microsoft Flight Simulator and Half-Life: Alyx · News in brief · Redaktions-Most-Wanted
- Testing: Red Dead Redemption 2 (incl.tuning tips) · Darksiders: Genesis · Transport Fever 2 · Shenmue 3 · Phoenix Point · Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries · Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition · Sniper Ghost Warrior: Contracts · Life is Strange 2 · Detroit: Become Human · The Legend of Bum-bo · Large shopping guide with the best PC games
- Specials, reports + extended part: That was the year 2019: The PC Games annual review · Three-tier society – gamepad comparison test · Two steps forward, one back: 5 games that were originally designed very differently · Rossi's lumber room · Ten years ago · Multimedia
- Hardware: Current buying guide for three common sample configurations (entry-level, mid-range, high-end) · WQHD gaming from 144 Hz · VR headset – which one suits me?
- A video area with numerous HD videos, distributed on two extended DVDs with over 100 minutes of playing time
The entire PC Games team wishes you a lot of fun with this edition!
You get the new PC Games 01/20… … from January 2nd at your magazine dealer – either as a magazine issue for 4.99 euros or as a particularly lavishly extended version with 16 extra pages, two bulky magazine DVDs and the full version The Pillars of the Earth ,
The new PC Games are of course also available in digital form! Your favorite magazine is now with you everywhere – whether on a tablet, smartphone, Kindle Fire or in the browser.
Here you will find a complete overview about all digital PC game variants including a comprehensive explanation of what needs to be considered when registering for these services!
Also popular with PC game readers
Godfall: Cinematic trailer for the new looter slasher, Into The Breach: Test video for the tactical highlight of the FTL makers and much more. – The most popular videos of the day
You missed that today: Important news and articles on PCGames.de
We wish all readers a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Decade!
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free website with this income. There are no costs for the user.