We would like to make you an offer. An offer that you cannot refuse. Now that the godfather quote is out of the way, we can move on to this issue's cover theme: Mafia. Shortly before the release at the end of September, we were able to extensively play the Definitive Edition of the open-world classic. In our cover story you can read what news we saw in the first hours of the Mafia epic and why nobody should be afraid of car racing anymore.
Otherwise, this month we mainly have tests, tests, tests for you. For example, to Wasteland 3: The comeback of the series a few years ago was already successful, but the second part still suffered from a few small problems and inconsistencies – even in the revised edition. With part 3, the developers wanted to tackle all of these problems – and they manage to do so as far as possible, because Wasteland 3 turns out to be by far the best end-of-time RPG in recent years.
We also looked at Marvel's Avengers, which could not be fully assessed in advance – but now we have fought our way through the story and looked at the Games-as-a-Service content of the title and can carefully give the all-clear: Avengers is has become a superhero adventure, and the online content also has potential. Only some of the design decisions were met with a little misunderstanding by our tester.
Other tests that you can find in the magazine include the RTS surprise Iron Harvest, the great Crusader Kings 3, the realignment Project Cars 3, the strategy offshoot A Total War Saga: Troy and the remaster Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning . There are also plenty of specials in the magazine and extended sections. Buyers of the latter variant will also receive the full digital version of the fantasy co-op action Hunted: The Demon's Forge.
Source: PC Games
- Cover story: Mafia: Definitive Edition. Shortly before the release, we were able to play the first hours of the revamped Mafia adventure ourselves and let off steam. You can read what can already be said about the remake in our cover story.
- Full version: Hunted: The Demon's Forge (digital, only included in the extended version of the PC Games)
- Current: Mafia: Definitive Edition · FIFA 21 · Scarlet Nexus · Little Nightmares 2 · News in brief · Editor's Most Wanted
- Testing: Wasteland 3 Marvel's Avengers A Total War Saga: Troy Iron Harvest Project Cars 3 Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Crusader Kings 3 Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 Fast & Furious: Crossroads Ary and the Secret of Seasons · Madden NFL 21 · NBA 2K21 · PGA Tour 2K21 · Parkasaurus · Röki · Great shopping guide with the best PC games
- Specials, reports + extended part: Game Industry Icons Part 6 – Amy Hennig · How Stalker 2 Must Be to Redefine Survival Games! · Fascination Survival: The great desire to survive · The Sound of Silence: Silent video game protagonists · Loyal companions: How animals in video games create even more emotions! · My first time: The Legend of Kyrandia · Ten years ago
- Hardware: Current buying guide for three common sample configurations (entry-level, mid-range, high-end)
- A video area with numerous HD videos, divided into two extended DVDs with over 180 minutes of playing time
The entire PC Games team wishes you a lot of fun with this issue!
You get the new PC Games 10/20… … from your newsagents from September 23rd – either as a magazine edition for 4.99 euros or as a particularly lavishly equipped extended version with 16 extra pages, two bulging booklet DVDs and a full digital version.
The new PC Games are of course also available in digital form! From now on, your favorite magazine will accompany you everywhere – whether on tablet, smartphone, Kindle Fire or in the browser.
Here you will find a complete overview about all digital PC game variants including a comprehensive explanation of what needs to be considered when registering for these services!
PC Games 09/20 with cover story for Star Wars: Squadrons
PC Games 08/20 with cover story about Cyberpunk, Assassin's Creed & Watch Dogs
PC Games 07/20 with cover story about Humankind, Command & Conquer Remastered in the test and more
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free website with this income. There are no costs for the user.