A new update for the PC version of the action adventure Horizon: Zero Dawn is now available for download in the so-called Complete Edition. This patch to version 1.10 gives the game a decent performance boost if you have a graphics card with an AMD GPU.
It also improves the general graphics quality and eliminates several bugs that could, in the worst case, lead to the entire game crashing. The latter could happen, among other things, if the players repeatedly pressed the Windows key on their keyboard. This problem should now be resolved. Here is the full list of changes:
Patch Notes for Horizon: Zero Dawn v1.10
- Crash fix for when players continuously pressed the windows key
- Crash fix for when you press the LMB on the ESC button in the Benchmark Results
- Issue fixed on AMD GPUs which cost upwards of 250MB of VRAM
- Fix for negative values in cubemap relighting shader (fixes for example the red graphical glitches in the Hades fight if you let the timer run out)
- Fix for the graphics settings preset name not updating when you pressed Auto-Detect
- Fix for the menu (and loading screen) being displayed at incorrect scale when changing AF in borderless mode
- Fix for the resolution sometimes being too low in windowed mode
- Fix for the errands quest list overlapping with tutorial quest list
- Graphics settings are now stored in a text file instead of a binary file to facilitate easier tweaking
Source: Guerrilla Games
All readers receive daily news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts about their favorite games free of charge. So far we have financed this site through advertising and kept it as free of clickbaits or paid items as possible, but since COVID-19 this has become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or cutting their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue to offer PC games free of charge as usual in the future.
For this reason we turn to you now. As a PC Games supporter, you can support us so that we can continue to offer our content in the usual form for free without introducing a paywall or publishing clickbait news like "And you won't believe what happened next …" . Every contribution, large or small, is valuable.
The PC update 1.10 for Horizon: Zero Dawn provides, among other things, a little more performance. (2) (Source: buffed)
Also popular with PC games readers PcPS4
Horizon Zero Dawn: DRM-free PC version soon also at GOG.com
PS5: Guerrilla Games for the backward compatibility of Horizon and Killzone
Horizon: Zero Dawn – PC update 1.05 improves appearance
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free website with this income. There are no costs for the user.