Corona didn't stop at us either, the editorial team has been working in the home office for two weeks now. The current play4 was therefore completely made from home – a premiere. Be that as it may: to prevent boredom in your own four walls is little better than working through the Pile of Shame. With Nioh 2 – our cover topic this month – maybe another title has recently been added. The PS4-exclusive Souls-like should not only keep you busy for many, many hours, but also cost a lot of nerves, because compared to the predecessor, the level of difficulty has increased again. What makes the game different, where there are parallels to the first part and how the samurai adventure ends up, you can read in our big test.
The highly anticipated remake of Final Fantasy 7 will also be released in a few days, and anyone interested could already play in the short demo. At an event in Berlin, we were able to go deeper into the game recently and have therefore summarized all the important information for you shortly before the release. PAX East was one of the last events to take place, and although Sony wasn't there, there was a handful of new info on Sucker Punch's Ghost of Tsushima at the same time. Among other things, we learned that the Far East spectacle will appear in June – everything else in our preview.
In addition to Nioh 2, there are two other highlights this month: Doom Eternal and The Division 2: Warlords of New York. While the former is probably one of the shooter highlights of the year and tops the direct predecessor in every respect – speed, action, degree of violence, but also controversial jump & run elements – the latter expands the online world of Ubisoft's loot shooter in a meaningful and takes us back to the location of the predecessor. If you also no longer fully understand the Tom Clancy story, our story special is recommended to you in turn – so you are up to date for the add-on start.
- Cover story: Nioh 2. Bigger, nicer, more unfair – the continuation of the samurai adventure is a double-edged sword. In our test, we reveal what the PS4-exclusive second part does better and where its weaknesses lie.
- Previews: Final Fantasy 7 Remake · Ghost of Tsushima · Streets of Rage 4 · Trials of Mana · Maneater · Call of Duty: Warzone · Wasteland 3 · Blade Runner Remastered · Ghostrunner · The Pathless · Dangerous Driving 2 · Those Who Remain · Indie-Spotlight Most Wanted
- Testing: Nioh 2Doom EternalTom Clancy's The Division 2: Warlords of New York (incl.large story special) One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody KnowsMega Man Zero / ZX Legacy CollectionLarge shopping guide with all reference games
- Specials and reports: Icons of the game industry, part 5: Sid Meier · Fallout 76: Fit for Wastelanders · My first time: Final Fantasy 6 · Two Point Hospital: beginner tips · Multimedia
- 140 minutes of videos on the DVD: Outriders · Nioh 2 · Resident Evil 3 · Maneater · Dreams · Moving Out · Special: The most influential games of the decade u. v. m.
The entire play4 team wishes you lots of fun with the new play4 05/20!
The new play4 is of course also available in digital form! Your favorite magazine is now with you everywhere – whether on a tablet, smartphone, Kindle Fire or in the browser.
Here you will find a complete overview of all digital play4 variants including a comprehensive explanation of what needs to be considered when registering for these services!
Also popular with PC game readers TOP
PC Games: Order individual issues conveniently at home now
play podcast # 229: Viruses, Teraflops and Guerrilla Spirits
play4 04/20 with title story for Resident Evil 3
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free-of-charge website with this income. There are no costs for the user.