Update from January 26, 2021:
Surprisingly, the developers of Pokémon Go have announced temporary research for the Johto celebration event from January 2021 at 10:00 a.m. that deals with Team Rocket. As part of this, you have to show all sorts of brawls to the rocket bastards who the boss is. But also Arlo, Sierra and Cliff get your fat off! As a reward, you will meet Ho-Oh, who learned the earthquake loading attack. Below we briefly summarize all of the steps and rewards for Johto Celebration Research. You can complete the Temporary Research tasks until February 7, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. You can find all further information about the Johto event below.
Pokémon Go: Johto Celebration 2021 – Step 1/2
- Catch 15 Dark-Type Pokémon – Reward: 5 x Ultraball
- Catch 15 Crypto Pokémon – Reward: 5 x revitalizers
- Defeat 3 bosses from Team Rocket – Reward: Encounter with Larvitar
Reward for completing Step 1: 15 x Poké Ball, 1 x Smoke, 5,000 XP
Pokémon Go: Johto Celebration 2021 – Step 2/2
- Defeat Team Rocket Boss Arlo – Reward: 2 x top revitalizers
- Defeat Team Rocket Boss Cliff – Reward: 3 x hyper potion
- Defeat Team Rocket Boss Sierra – Reward: 2 x top potion
Reward for completing Step 2: Encountering Ho-Oh with earthquake
Original message from January 20, 2021: It won't be long before the Kanto Tour takes place in Pokémon Go, and that also means that the regional events are slowly coming to an end. The Hoenn event is followed by the final Johto event, which of course focuses on Pokémon from the Johto region (and thus the 2nd generation of the game).
The highlights of the Johto event are probably the tier 5 raids with Entei, Raikou and Suicune. Furthermore, you can build an army of despotars with the catapult attack – believe us, this is still a very powerful pseudo-legendary. And then of course there is the collector's challenge, which rewards you with Poké Balls and smoke.
Temporary research like the one at the Hoenn event is not waiting for you, but you might be happy if you are lucky enough to get hold of a Shiny Miltank. Below you have an overview of the features of the Johto week as well as the collector's challenge in our guide to the Johto event. If you want to challenge Raikou, Entei and Suicune, take a look at our updated counterattack guides.
- The Johto event in Pokémon Go starts on January 26, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. local time and is active until January 31, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. local time.
- Endive, fiery hedgehog, Karnimani, Voltilamm, Hoppspross, Griffel, Sonnkern, Yanma, Kramurx, Skorgla, Snubbull, Schneckmag, Miltank and other Pokémon appear more frequently in the wild. With a good dose of luck, you will even encounter a shimmering milking tank!
- The following Pokémon hatch from 5 km eggs: Pichu, Pii, Fluffeluff, Felino, Rabauz, Kussilla, and Larvitar.
- In exclusive field research projects you can earn stardust and encounters with Pokémon such as endive, fiery hedgehog, Karnimani, Lampi, Voltilamm, Mogelbaum and Miltank.
- The following Pokémon appear in Raid Battles:
- Endive, Fiery Hedgehog, Karnimani, Voltilamm, Marill and Larvitar appear in raid battles of level 1.
- Togetic, Psiana, Nachtara, Panzaeron and Miltank appear in level 3 raid battles.
- If you develop the following Pokémon during the event, they will learn the exclusive attacks from each of the Community Day events from 2018!
- Develop bay leaf (the further development of endive) so that your Meganie learns the Flora-Statue attack.
- Develop Igelavar (the further development of Feurigel) so that your Tornupto learns the attack fire cannonade.
- Develop Waaty (the further development of Voltilamm) so that your Ampharos learns the Dragon Pulse attack.
- Develop Pupitar (the further development of Larvitar) so that your Despotar learns the catapult attack.
Pokémon Go: Johto Collector Challenge
Catch the following Pokémon
- Fiery hedgehog
- Bird tree
- Sun core
- Color eagle
As a reward Upon completion you will receive 15 x Poké Ball, 10 x Hyperball and 1 x Smoke.
The raid times of Suicune, Raikou and Entei are as follows:
- Entei (Counter Guide) appears from January 26, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. to January 31, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. in Level 5 Raid Battles.
- Raikou (Counter Guide) appears from January 31, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. to February 4, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. in Level 5 Raid Battles.
- Suicune (Counter Guide) appears from February 4, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. to February 9, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. in Level 5 Raid Battles.
All readers receive daily free news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. So far we have financed this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid items as possible, but since COVID-19 this has become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or cutting their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we are unfortunately dependent on if we want to offer buffed free of charge in the usual form in the future.
For this reason we turn to you now. As a buffed supporter, you can support us so that we can continue to offer our content in the usual form for free, without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, large or small, is valuable. Supports buffed – it only takes a minute.
Read these interesting stories too
Pokémon Go: For just 1 Poké coin, grab the bonus box
Pokémon Go: Entei as raid boss – counterattack guide
Pokémon Go: Raidbosse in January 2021 – Hoenn & Johto
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free website with this income. There are no costs for the user.