It's not long before the Kanto Tour takes place in Pokémon Go, and that also means the regional events are slowly coming to an end. The Hoenn event is followed by the final Johto event, which of course focuses on Pokémon from the Johto region (and thus the 2nd generation of the game).
The highlights of the Johto event are probably the tier 5 raids with Entei, Raikou and Suicune. Furthermore, you can build an army of despotars with the attack catapult – believe us, this is still a very powerful pseudo-legendary. And then of course there is the collector's challenge, which rewards you with Poké Balls and smoke.
Temporary research like the one at the Hoenn event is not waiting for you, but you might be happy if you are lucky enough to get hold of a Shiny Miltank. Below you have an overview of the features of the Johto week as well as the collector's challenge in our guide to the Johto event. If you want to challenge Raikou, Entei and Suicune, take a look at our updated counterattack guides.
- The Johto event in Pokémon Go starts on January 26, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. local time and is active until January 31, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. local time.
- Endive, fiery hedgehog, Karnimani, Voltilamm, Hoppspross, Griffel, Sonnkern, Yanma, Kramurx, Skorgla, Snubbull, Schneckmag, Miltank and other Pokémon appear more frequently in the wild. With a good portion of luck, you will even come across a shimmering milking tank!
- The following Pokémon hatch from 5 km eggs: Pichu, Pii, Fluffeluff, Felino, Rabauz, Kussilla and Larvitar.
- In exclusive field research projects you can earn stardust and encounters with Pokémon such as endive, fiery hedgehog, Karnimani, Lampi, Voltilamm, Mogelbaum and Miltank.
- The following Pokémon appear in Raid Battles:
- Endive, Fiery Hedgehog, Karnimani, Voltilamm, Marill and Larvitar appear in raid battles of level 1.
- Togetic, Psiana, Nachtara, Panzaeron and Miltank appear in level 3 raid battles.
- If you develop the following Pokémon during the event, they will learn each exclusive attack from the 2018 Community Day events!
- Develop bay leaf (the further development of endive) so that your Meganie learns the Flora-Statue attack.
- Develop Igelavar (the further development of Feurigel) so that your Tornupto learns the attack fire cannonade.
- Develop Waaty (the further development of Voltilamm) so that your Ampharos learns the Dragon Pulse attack.
- Develop Pupitar (the further development of Larvitar) so that your Despotar learns to attack the catapult.
Pokémon Go: Johto Collector Challenge
Catch the following Pokémon
- Fiery hedgehog
- Bird tree
- Sun core
- Color eagle
As a reward Upon completion you will receive 15 x Poké Ball, 10 x Hyperball and 1 x Smoke.
The raid times of Suicune, Raikou and Entei are as follows:
- Entei (Counter Guide) appears from January 26, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. to January 31, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. in Level 5 Raid Battles.
- Raikou (Counter Guide) appears from January 31, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. to February 4, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. in Level 5 Raid Battles.
- Suicune (Counter Guide) appears from February 4, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. to February 9, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. in level 5 raid battles.
All readers receive daily free news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. So far we have financed this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid items as possible, but since COVID-19 this has become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or cutting their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to offer buffed free of charge as usual in the future.
For this reason we turn to you now. As a buffed supporter, you can support us so that we can continue to offer our content in the usual form free of charge, without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, large or small, is valuable. Supports buffed – it only takes a minute.
Read these interesting stories too
Pokémon Go: Entei as raid boss – counterattack guide
Pokémon Go: Raikou as raid boss – counterattack guide
Pokémon Go: Smoke day with electro and dragon – all information
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free website with this income. There are no costs for the user.