Season 2 of the Pokémon GO PvP League is just around the corner and will bring numerous rewards with you if you participate diligently in the battles. All information about the start of the GO combat league, the individual dates and rewards can be found here!
On May 1st, the Pokémon GO Combat League starts into Season 2. If you were involved in Season 1, you should visit the battle screen and collect your Season 1 rewards. We give you an overview of all the dates, rewards and innovations of Season 2 below.
Schedule and dates for Season 2 of Pokémon GO
Season 2 starts on May 1st and ends on July 6th, where Season 3 will start immediately. The schedule for the individual leagues is as follows:
- Super League: May 1 to 25, 2020 (start and end at 10 p.m. German time)
- Hyperleague: May 25 to June 15, 2020 (start and end at 10 p.m. German time)
- Master league: June 15-29, 2020 (start and end at 10 p.m. German time)
- Premier Cup (GO Combat League Championship): June 15-29, 2020 (start and end at 10 p.m. German time)
- All leagues + Premier Cup: June 29 to July 6, 2020 (start and end at 10 p.m. German time)
What is the premier cup?
The Premier Cup takes place at the same time as the Meisterliga. This is the GO Combat League Championship, in which the best coaches from Season 2 are determined. Note the following:
- As with the master league, there is the Premier Cup no WP limit.
- Legendary and mysterious Pokémon cannot be used.
- Ranks and ratings are calculated like in the leagues.
Season 2 rewards
In season 2 it was PvP League reward system slightly revised, but some things stay the same. You will receive the following rewards for your progress:
- Rank 1: Metagross encounter.
- Rank 4: Encounter with Flunschlik.
- Rank 7: At the end of the season you get instead of a top loading TM, a top immediate TM. You will also receive wrestler-pikachu-style avatar accessories. The other rewards are the same as in Season 1.
- Rank 8: Encounter with Geronimatz.
- Rank 9: Encounter with Zurrokex.
- Rank 10: Encounter wrestler-Pikachu. You will also receive one new avatar pose and from Troy Trumm (Champ of the Pokémon League in the Hoenn region) inspired avatar accessories.
Note: For base rewards you will now encounter a Pokémon after the third victory and for premium rewards after the first victory. You need to get more wins in Season 2 to reach ranks 4, 5, 6 and 7.
New features and changes in Season 2
In Season 2, you don't have to walk or use Poké Coins to unlock combat sets for the GO Combat League due to the Corona Crisis. Furthermore there are the following changes in trainer fights:
- You can now Use QR codes to challenge other trainersdistance and friendship level are irrelevant.
- In addition, now also challenge good friends and super friends from anywhere. So far, this was only possible with hyper friends and best friends.
The following attacks have been revised in trainer battles:
- Impact drill: Now has a faster recharge time.
- Moon power: Now has a faster recharge time, but also does less damage. The attack can also lower the opponent's attack value.
- Power surge: Now has a faster recharge time and deals more damage. The attack can also greatly reduce the user's defense value.
New attack "wet tail" for Palkia: A quick water-type charge attack has been added for Palkia. It is said to be particularly useful for forcing opponents to use their protective shields.
What do you think of the new features and changes in Season 2 of Pokémon GO? Let us know in the comments!
Legendary and mysterious Pokémon are undisputed among the most sought-after pocket monsters from Game Freaks game series. But do you even know which of the Pokémon are legendary, sub-legendary and mysterious?
did you like this article? Write it to us in the
or share the article. We look forward to your opinion
– and of course you are welcome to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.