Niantic kicked off the big kanto event in the Pokémon GO mobile game today. As part of the weekly nostalgia challenges, Pokémon from the Kanto region in particular will increasingly appear until May 8, 2020. There are also numerous bonuses.
Just in time for the long weekend, the developer studio Niantic has given the go-ahead for the large-scale kanto event in the mobile game Pokémon GO. According to current planning, this should run until May 8 at 1:00 p.m. German time and tempt with some special features.
Worth reading: Trick for legendary raid battles in Pokémon GO
As the name suggests, Pokémon from the Kanto region in particular are appearing more and more during the event. These include Bluzuk and Chaneira – there is even a chance to catch a dazzling Bluzuk. In addition, pocket monsters such as Pinsir, Lapras and Evoli hatch from 7-kilometer eggs. You will also receive double the amount of experience points for catching Pokémon, hatching eggs and fighting in raids. Here is the full overview of promotions and bonuses:
- Pokémon that were first discovered in the Kanto region, such as Bluzuk and Chaneira, appear more frequently outdoors.
- Pokémon that were first discovered in the Kanto region are also increasingly found in raids.
- The following Pokémon hatch from 7 km eggs: Bluzuk, Machollo, Onix, Schlurp, Tangela, Sichlor, Pinsir, Lapras and Eevee.
- If you are lucky, you may even find an Iridescent Bluzuk!
- Pikachu with Charizard hats will appear outdoors!
- Exclusive field research tasks will reward coaches with encounters with Pokémon that were first discovered in the Kanto region.
- Special bonuses: 2 × Fang XP, 2 × Raid XP and 2 × hatch XP.
Pokémon GO from now on with special field research
Pokémon GO: New gift now for all players – that's in the item package