Those in charge at Netflix have revealed which series and new films are waiting for us in October 2020. A big highlight for many is certainly the start of the third season of Star Trek: Discovery.
Which series and films will start on Netflix in October 2020? The program preview from those responsible for the streaming platform gives you an answer to this question. Our absolute highlight is clearly that Star Trek: Discovery season three premieres. The new episodes will tie in with the finale of last season.
"The Queen's Gambit", set during the Cold War, also sounds interesting: the orphan Beth Harmon discovers her unusual talent for chess and has to defeat the Russian grandmasters to get to the top (based on a novel by Walter Tevis).
As for the films, younger viewers can look forward to the animated musical "The Colorful Side of the Moon". Those who like horror, on the other hand, put carcasses on the watchlist. After a nuclear disaster, a family agrees to attend a play for a meal. However, suddenly everyone has disappeared from the audience. Creepy!
The full preview of what's new in Netflix for October 2020 is below.
Netflix: New Series in October 2020 (Preview)
- Good morning, Verônica: thriller series from Brazil – from October 1st
- Emily in Paris – Drama – from October 2nd
- Deaf U: Documentary on the culture of the deaf – from October 9th
- Star Trek: Discovery: Season 3 – due October 16
- Somebody has to die – crime thriller – from October 16th
- Unsolved Mysteries: Issue 2 of the reboot – from October 19th
- The Queen's Gambit: New Miniseries – October 23rd
- La Révolution: historical drama about the French Revolution – no start date yet
- The One: Adaptation of the novel by John Marrs – no start date yet
Netflix: New Movies October 2020 (Preview)
- Hubie Halloween Comedy – Coming October 7th
- My 40 year old me: Comedy – October 9th
- The Trial of the Chicago 7: Drama – Coming October 16
- Rebecca: Reboot of the thriller – from October 19th
- Carcass: Horror – October 22nd
- The colorful side of the moon: animation film – from October 23rd
- Mank: David Fincher's film – no release date yet
All readers receive daily free news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. So far we have financed this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid items as possible, but since COVID-19 this has become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or cutting their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we are unfortunately dependent on if we want to offer buffed free of charge in the usual form in the future.
For this reason we turn to you now. As a buffed supporter, you can support us so that we can continue to offer our content in the usual form for free, without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, large or small, is valuable. Supports buffed – it only takes a minute.
Read these interesting stories too
Netflix: Beat Disney in the animated film field as a big target
Disney + changes strategy for further attack on Netflix and Co.
Netflix: Stream selected films and series for free now
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free website with this income. There are no costs for the user.