Korthia is a mysterious island kingdom that appears on the edge of the gullet with WoW patch 9.1. This is where the main part of the next story chapter of Shadowlands takes place. The new raid Sanctum of Dominion and the mega-dungeon Tazavesh form two other important pillars for the history of the Shadowlands. So far, however, there has been little information about the two instances. Of Tazavesh only exist a couple of videos showing the unfinished version of the mega dungeon.
As for the new raid, there is good news. The basic structure of the raid is as good as finished and the first players were allowed to look around the sanctum of lordship. LeystTV captured the first virtual tour through the raid’s many corridors and rooms in a video. Tarragrue is the only boss we see in the video so far. During the subsequent walk, however, you can already guess which room is intended for which opponent. These bosses are waiting for us in the Sanctum of Dominion:
- Der Tarragrue – the guardian of Torghast.
- The jailer’s eye – previously known in the game as Mechanics in the Maw.
- The nine – these are Val’kyr who serve Sylvanas.
- Remnant of Ner’zhul – Ner’zhul was the first Lich King to seduce Arthas.
- Soulbreaker Dormazain – serves the passion smith as a procurer of Anima.
- Leidensschmied Raznal – Dormazains Chef.
- Guardian of the First – There is still no explanatory text for this encounter.
- Fatescribe Roh-Kalo – probably then translated as fate writer, Roh-Kalo guards the secret writings of Korthia.
- Kel’Thuzad – Necrolords know that after his failed attack on Maldraxxus, the Lich was able to evade his just punishment by our heroes. The Sanctum of Dominion, however, appears to allow us to help Kael’thas achieve his long-awaited vengeance for the Sunwell.
- Sylvanas – As already mentioned, we are finally allowed to face the Banshee Queen in the Sanctum of Dominion.
The raid is broadly divided into three areas. The entrance, the inner rooms and the top of the tower. Right at the beginning the monstrous Tarragrue, whom we already know from Torghast, awaits us. As soon as we have removed the guardian with Bolvar’s help, the way into the interior of the sanctum will be free. The many chambers are connected by long corridors. Numerous trash opponents are sure to await us there. On the lower floors, we face the jailer’s eye, Sylvanas’ Val’kyr and Ner’zhul.
It gets hot further up! Two boss opponents await us in the forge and the jailer’s personal torture chamber. The soul shredder Dormazain is a sadistic creature who squeezes the last drop of anima out of the souls of the damned. His newest prisoner is the soul of Garrosh Hellscream, who until recently atone for his crimes in Revendreth. When exactly Count Denathrius was able to secretly “dispose of” the soul of the orc tyrant in the throat remains a mystery for the time being.
The mysterious guardians of the first and fate writer Roh-Kalo is located in a kind of observatory. At this point the lines between Torghast, the Maw and reality blur. Once our heroes have defeated both bosses, the devious Lich Kel’Thuzad awaits us, blocking our access to the top of the tower.
In the last section we see the top of the Tower of the Damned. There the banshee queen Sylvanas is waiting for us. Since Torghast is the mirrored version of the Icecrown Citadel, the new combat area is similar to the platform on which we fought the Lich King Arthas in WotLK. So we can look forward to a tough final battle with exciting phases in Sanctum of Rulership.
How do you like the structure of the upcoming raid? Write us your opinion in the comments!
The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not advertisements as we are independent in researching and selecting the products presented. We receive a small commission for product sales, which we use to partially finance the free content of the website.