Starting today, Pokémon is going back to the beginning of the cinema because it's official Pokémon Day. With Netflix you can relive the first adventure of Ash and Pikachu.
Not only in Pokémon GO there is a lot going on for Pokémon Day on February 27 (you can find out everything about the event week in the article below). The popular franchise is now also celebrated on Netflix.
The first Pokémon film celebrated its premiere over 20 years ago. The new edition of "Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back" has the additional title "Evolution" and that probably means the style of the remake. While the original from 1998 was created in the classic anime drawing style, the remake was completely recreated in CGI, However, the story has remained the same.
It remains to be seen whether the new style will be well received by everyone. Have a few handkerchiefs ready for the end anyway – it definitely rained in the cinema back then.
Original message from February 13, 2020:
Pokémon GO: Update brings clone Pokémon into play
The monsters in Pokémon GO will receive a cosmetic update in the form of clone Pokémon on February 25th. As of this day, these should appear in different situations or in special places during the game. We list for you where to find which one.
Clone Pokémon become part of Pokémon GO. These are pocket monsters from the first film, in which Mewtwo an army of Pokémon created and put a suitable stamp on them. The scene was quite emotional and was remembered by many. Now you can, in the form of coming Clone Pokémon, relive. So far there have been talk of five pieces, maybe more of the 24 pieces will be added.
These Pokémon should be there:
- Clone Pikachu: Photo bombs your photos from other Pokémon.
- Clone Charizard: Found in 4-star raids.
- Clone Venusaur: Found in 4-star raids.
- Clone Blastoise: Found in 4-star raids.
- Armored Mewtwo: To be found in raids.
In addition to the clone event, the Pokémon Day other events that run from February to March. You can find more information on this in the original article below.
Original post on February 7, 2020 at 7:30 p.m .:
Pokémon GO: For Pokémon Day there are clones, party hats and an armored mewtwo
For the official Pokémon holiday there is of course also a big event in Pokémon GO. Some Pokémon come with party hats, Mewtwo appears in armor and there are also special clones.
The Pokémon Day event on February 27th – the day when the first video games appeared in Japan in 1996 – goes into Pokémon GO from February 25th to March 2nd, 2020, Here is the overview of the event program.
- Pokémon with party hats: Pikachu and Eevee with their hats can be found in the wild. Bulbasaur, Charmander and Shiggy can also hatch from the 7 km eggs with festive headdresses. All of these Pokémon can also be Shinys.
- Armored Mewtwo: You can meet Amored Mewtwo in level 5 raid battles. Its special psycho-thrust loading attack is not as effective in PvE, but can be used very well in PvP.
- Clone Pokémon: In level 4 raid battles you can encounter special clone variants of Bisaflor, Charizard and Turtok. A clone pikachu can appear on your photos during the event, and you can then catch it.
- Bonus: Two special exchanges per day
- Raid day with Nidorino and Gengar with party hats: Only on March 1st between 2pm and 5pm you can find Nidorino in level 2 raid battles and Gengar in level 4 raid battles. Both can also appear as Shinys.
They are even sweeter with party hats:
During the event, you can get up to five free raid passes if you spin the arena's photo discs. You can only have one of them in the bag, and they also expire after the event. The clone theme will be available on February 27th at the Netflix launch of the movie "Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back – Evolution". The film is a 3D remake of the very first Pokémon film from 1998. It was released in cinemas in 2000. Hach, the good old days!