WoW Classic: Farm solo as a villain in Zul'Gurub Blood Vines
Since April 15th we can go to WoW Classic every three days Raid instance Zul'Gurub to defeat the henchmen of Hakkar and even the blood god himself. With the Troll Fortress, a new resource has also come into play: Herbalism masters can, with one Blood scythe and equipped with luck, Blood vines in the herbs from Zul'Gurub, which are used, for example, to build what is very popular with many magicians Blood vine robe needed. In our Classic Guide we tell you how villains can easily farm these vines solo.
How do I get a blood scythe?
The one just mentioned Blood scythe there is also in Zul'Gurub. With a bit of luck, herbalists can find these if they are in the instance Haunted hoodoo heap to open. With such a blood scythe in your pocket you have the chance to get a vine with all herbs in Zul'Gurub with a certain chance. Some of the hoodoo heaps can also be soloed by villains. If there are piles near farmable herbs, we will point this out in the corresponding sections of our guide.
Do I need a specific skill for Blood Vine Gathering?
For almost all herbs that can be farmed solo, your skill doesn't matter. However, there is a potential herbal point that you can only get if you have the talents Improved head nut such as Improved solar plexus packed up. Since you are moving stealthily through the raid and skills like farming farmed vines Disappear and Sprint are absolutely necessary to reach many herbs safely, you make collecting easier if you like talents Master of Deception, camouflage, volatility and preparation uses. You can do without the latter talents, but then each round takes noticeably longer.
What else do I need to know about blood vine hunting in general?
It's best to farm vines right at the start of a new Zul'Gurub ID before you raid a boss. As long as no boss opponent blesses the time in your presence, you can always reset the raid and thus also let the herbs appear new – note the WoW Classic rules Rules for the ID reset of instances.
Before you can enter the raid, however, you must first raid a second player. As soon as the raid is open, it can go offline. Farming the blood vines can be made noticeably easier if you team up with a second villain. As a duo, you can easily collect every herb in Zul'Gurub. Rogue 1 pulls the group guarding the herb and pulls it away. As soon as rogue 2 has safely collected and crumbled the herb, rogue 1 will disappear. Finished.
Danger: The bats in Zul'Gurub have an increased stealth detection. This creeps around widely.
What herbs can villains farm in Zul'Gurub solo?
The potential herb points are marked in red. Below we give you tips and tricks for the individual positions.
1) Right in the beginning of the instance, the first potential herb point is waiting at the hut on the left. If you sneak up on the hut from behind and position yourself as in the following picture, you can safely get to the plant.
3) This herbal point is guarded by three trolls and you can only get to them if you briefly switch off the trolls with the head nut, panels and solar plexus. This only works with the talents already mentioned in the guide Improved head nut such as Improved solar plexus. But even then the attempt is very dangerous. You only have a little time to collect the herb, bravery can also get you out of stealth with the talent and the second group nearby can also be dangerous for you. But it is possible.
4) You can pull the group safely from the hill behind the area of Boss Venoxis (see picture) to clear the nearby herb. But watch out for the patrols that run along the path in your back. You can only reach the herb in time if you let the snakes and trolls get very close to you before you take the plunge.
5) In the area of the "Edge of Madness" event guarded by numerous elves, an herb also appears from time to time that you can grab. Just watch out for the sometimes quite chaotic gnome groups.
You briefly clean this area by pulling the tigers on your mount and then moving into the area of the tiger boss Thekal. But keep to the right as far as possible in order to draw as few other opponents to your attention as possible. Also pay attention to the nearby patrols. As soon as you are fetched from the mount, you have to reset the attempt with disappearance. Your goal is the edge on the far right in the area, from which you can jump back to the point where you pulled the tigers. You can reach this edge via the vase lying on the floor.
You can now wait on the ledge for the pulled tigers to release from you. So you come out of the fight and do not have to resort to disappearance after collecting the herbs. However, the animals must walk all the way back so that you have enough time to collect an herb or the bunch.
7) Several herbs await you in each run at the temple of Arlokk in the north of Zul'Gurub. Thanks to a trick, they can all be farmed. The temple consists of several levels and the middle level is not accessible to your opponents. Say: You can use this to pull the groups from a safe position or to get out of the fight if necessary.
The pulls are all similar: you pull the group that awakens your herb of desire from the greatest possible distance from the middle level. Then you walk towards the stairs as quickly as possible to reach the higher floor. Then position yourself up there as close as possible to the edge that is closest to the plant and wait until the enemies that have been pulled storm the stairs. Now jump to the middle level, wait there until you come out of the fight, and then run to the herb as quickly as possible. Collect it and change to stealth in time before the guards run back.
Depending on the herb position, there are small things to consider:
- Generally speaking, it is a good idea to tag the patrolling panther trio so it doesn't mess up your pull.
- For herbs near the stairs, the groups only have a very short way back. The shorter the way back, the greater the chance that you will have to use your disappearance to escape safely.
- If you stay on the middle level for too long after the pull, the pulled group loses the desire to follow you. You come out of the fight and have to start over. Avoid this by jumping to the lowest level as quickly and safely as possible. This is particularly important when the herbs are in the area behind the temple. Jump down here after the pull on the temple side and run directly along the wall towards the stairs, so as not to draw the attention of the groups there. You then cover the last few meters to the stairs in the sprint. At the top you have to watch out for the opponents lying or standing there while you run to the rear edge and let yourself fall down there. Fortunately, one or two hits are no problem.
8) Like the first, the last herb point is right next to a hut. You can only get to these if the combination of the opponent types listed there fits. Sometimes the group is flanked by bats that spot you immediately. From time to time, however, a snake is so stupid that it spies on you with distractions as soon as you want to pick the herb. A group of trolls is optimal, as can be seen in the following picture.
So you get back to the instance entrance
If you walk over the bridge at the hut at point 8, you will reach the central temple, on which Hakkar is standing. However, keep to the right on the way, sneak past the crocodiles and swim through the water to the other side of the shore. ATTENTION: There is a good chance that one of the aggressive fish will target you. You can switch it off briefly if necessary with covers. Pay attention to the crocodiles on the other side of the river. If a fish has brought you into the fight, you immediately use disappearance on dry land. Then you stealthily follow the path that leads you back to the instance entrance. Leave the instance, reset it via your character portrait (right click => reset all instances) and you can enter Zul'Gurub for the next run.
How does it look: Have you discovered any other herb points in Zul'Gurub that can be farmed solo as a villain? Speaking of gold tips: As Rogues can also be farmed in Gloomy East East solo gold.
Read these interesting stories too PC
Wow: Zandalari Troll – Which Loa Buff for Which Spec?
Wow: Bonus week for pet fights from April 29th