This year you will not only be able to watch videos of the games being shown during the Game Awards, you may even play some of them on demos.
During the Game Awards There are always a number of new games to announce and there are videos to watch. This year, however, some of the titles presented can even be demo-tested – but only for a very limited time.
Demos for testing
You can allude to these games:
- System Shock (Nightdive Studios)
- Eastward (Pixpil / Chucklefish)
- Spiritfarer (Thunder Lotus)
- Moving Out (SMG Studio / Devm Games / Team 17)
- Röki (Polygon Treehouse / United Label)
- Chicory (Greg Lobanov)
- Wooden Nickel (Brain & Brain)
- Haven (The Game Bakers)
- Heavenly Bodies (2pt Interactive)
- Acid Knife (Powerhoof)
- The Drifter (Powerhoof)
- Carrion (Phobia / Devolver)
- SkateBird (Glass Bottom Games)
The demos will be available for 48 hours as part of the so-called "Game Festival". You can download them on Steam on December 13 from about 4 o'clock in the morning.
"Let's face it, not everyone can attend a trade show or consumer event," said a press release from Geoff Keighley, the organizer of The Game Awards. "The Game Festival was designed from the ground up as a barrier-free event and extends the benefits of a physical event to the global gaming community watching The Game Awards."
Also popular with PC games readers
The Game Awards: Trailer for Ghost of Tsushima will be the longest of the award
The Game Awards: Moderator commented on the conflict of interest due to appearance in Death Stranding