The Star Wars: The Clone Wars series has ended. But a few questions remain. But we also learned a few interesting things about Order 66.
The clone wars are over. In the last episode of the series Star Wars The Clone Wars we were answered a few interesting questions. But new ones came up.
Attention! Spoilers follow here!
We now know a few interesting things about Order 66:
- The clones were apparently aware that Palpatine and Darth Sidious were the same person. A clone even mentions Darth Sidious by name.
- The clones appeared to have been ordered to kill both former Jedi and active Jedi.
- Order 66 was more important to the clones than preserving their own lives. In the event of a spaceship crash, they destroyed the Jedi before taking care of their own rescue.
However, there were some new questions:
- Why did the clones attack Ahsoka Tano, who was no longer a Jedi? And what about Darth Maul? Were the clones programmed to kill every power user, even though it was actually about wiping out the Jedi Order?
- Who did the clones ultimately serve? The Republic, respectively the Empire or Sith-Lord Dart Sidious personally. After all, the clones know his Sith name.
- The clones appear to be very effective. More effective than the later stormtroopers. Mostly because they had this loyalty chip implanted. Why did the Empire give this up to replace the clones with regular recruits with weak targets and apparently their own will? Clones are said to age faster than humans, but couldn't the Empire have simply created new clones? Money shouldn't play a big role if two huge space stations and in secret a gigantic Sith fleet could be built …
Read too Wii
Hangs Star Wars The Clone Wars with The Mandalorian?
Star Wars The Clone Wars explains why Palpatine succeeded in his plan
Star Wars The Clone Wars – Staff suggests season 8