According to an insider, Nintendo is said to have had an interest in Sora from Kingdom Hearts for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. However, Disney Japan in particular is said to have rejected the proposal. It is currently unclear whether there have been any further talks between the companies. According to Game Director Masahiro Sakurai, the fighters for the second Fighters Pass have already been determined.
After Byleth, the fifth and last fighter of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's first Fighters Pass, appeared at the end of last month, the development team around Game Director Masahiro Sakurai is already preparing for the second Fighters Pass, the one before was announced a few weeks ago. By December 31, 2021, the game will be expanded to include six newcomers.
Of course, Nintendo fans are again speculating about potential candidates who could be part of the next Fighters Pass for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. One of the most popular suggestions in the past was Sora from Kingdom Hearts. According to an insider, Nintendo does appear to have considered Sora for Smash, but Disney Japan is said to have quickly stopped this venture. At least that's what Imran Khan from Kinda Funny claims, who shared his knowledge of the topic in a YouTube video. Khan was previously a senior editor at Game Informer.
Even though Square Enix is responsible for Kingdom Hearts, Sora remains a Disney property. For this reason, Nintendo also needs the approval of the mouse company before Sora should compete in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Game Director Masahiro Sakurai recently revealed that fighters for the second Fighters Pass have already been determined. So if Nintendo has not convinced Disney's managers, Sora in Smash will probably only remain a wish of the fans.
Also popular with PC game readers NSW
Smash Bros. Ultimate: The new DLC to Fire Emblem in the test!
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Crash Bandicoot is said to be the next fighter
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: This new content will appear soon