Today, January 28th at 4:00 p.m. CET, the PvP event Mid-Year Carnage starts in The Elder Scrolls Online. You can earn additional rewards in Cyrodiil, the Imperial City and on the battlefields until February 9th at 4:00 p.m. In the following, you will find out how you participate and which special prey are waiting for you.
How to take part in the mid-year slaughter:
- Get the quest "Mid-Year Slaughter Details" from the in-game Crown Store
- Travel to your faction's main gate in the Alliance War in Cyrodiil using the Alliance War menu, or to a battlefield camp outside one of the major cities
- You no longer need to travel to Cyrodiil to start the event
- Find the quest giver "Predicant Maera" and continue with the quest
- If you completed the quest last year, you don't have to do it again
- Complete the quest to receive your Scroll of Pelinal's Cruelty and Pelinal's Mid-Year Gift.
- Activate the scroll and enjoy two hours of 100% bonus in the Alliance War, in the Imperial City and in the battlefields on:
- Alliance points received
- Experience gained for killing players in PvP
You can use the Scroll of Pelinal's Ferocity repeatedly throughout the event. Should you lose it for any reason, you will receive a new copy from Predicant Maera. Alternatively, you can simply use the Blood Virtue Bowl.
The rewards from the mid-year slaughter
In addition to the additional alliance and experience points of the event, you can also expect a large number of rewards for the mid-year carnage, including collectibles and achievements.
NEW: Ebony Knight's Outfit Style Pages
Become a true Knight of Tamriel thanks to the tradable Outfit Style Pages that you can loot from the leaders within the Imperial City, including those found in the city itself and in the sewers.
Second Legion Outfit Style Pages
Wear the classic imperial garb of the Second Legion of the Imperial City thanks to the tradable Outfit Style Pages that you can loot from the leaders inside the Imperial City, including those found in the city itself and in the sewers.
Victor's mid-year laurel wreath
As always, you can earn the Victor's Mid-Year Laurel Wreath as a collectible by completing all of the Mid-Year Slaughter-specific Achievements listed below:
- Carnage Connoisseur: Receive the blessing of White Snake at one of the Alliance's gates during the mid-year carnage.
- Echoes of Pelinal's Wrath: Read a scroll on Pelinal's ferocity during the Mid-Year Slaughter.
- Hand von Weißplanke: Receive "Pelina's Mid-Year Gift" for the 25th time.
- Grimm von Weißplanke: Defeated 50 opponents during the mid-year slaughter.
- Pelinavant the Scourge: Win a battlefield battle during the Mid-Year Slaughter.
- Pelinaline the Bloody: Captured a castle in Cyrodiil during the Mid-Year Slaughter.
- Pelinerrif the insurgent: Captures an imperial district during the mid-year slaughter.
While you compete with your fellow players in Cyrodiil, on the battlefields and in the imperial city, you can also earn Pelinal's mid-year gifts. These can be obtained in addition to your normal "Just Wages" containers and as daily PvP quest rewards for the following activities:
- Battlefield quests from Battlemaster Rivyn
- Scouting, battle, warfront and conquest missions
- Quests to obtain and regain Scrolls of the Ancients
- Settlement quests in Vlastarus, Bruma, Erntefurt, Cheydinhal and Chorrol
- Daily quests in the Imperial City
If you receive and open one of Pelinal's gifts, there is a chance that you will receive one of the following:
- Transmutation crystals
- Alchemical reagents
- PvP consumables such as repair supplies, field camps, and siege weapons
- Style pages for your Alliance and the Akaviri
- Style materials for your alliance
- Akaviri style materials
- Coldhaven Siege Weapons
- Prismatic rune stones
- Pelinal's books for your home
- NEW: Fragments for a rune box with the Breton terrier of an alliance
After all, resource deposits in both Cyrodiil and the Imperial City offer double the yield of regular resources. The trader Adhazabi Aba-daro in Cyrodiil, whom you know as "The Golden One", will have legendary Alliance jewelry with her (necklaces on the first weekend and rings on the second).
Event tickets and inconsistent walking stones
During the Mid-Year Slaughter Event, you can earn up to three Event Tickets per day by completing two different PvP activities:
- Two notes for completing any daily quest in Cyrodiil or on the battlefields
- A ticket for completing a daily quest in any district of the Imperial City
The counter for the event tickets is reset every morning at 07:00 CET. Note that if you earn new Event Tickets that exceed the limit of 12, you will lose the excess.
This Mid Year Carnage also introduces a brand new set of Base Fragments and Upgrade Fragments for this year! With these fragments you can conjure up the new volatile change stone as a companion and finally develop it into different things during the year. You can start collecting by purchasing the Event Ticket Fragments from the Impresaria.
Here you will find everything that the Impresaria has to offer for mid-year slaughter:
- Basic fragments for the fickle changing stone
- Including the Daedric flint, rune-etched hammer, and smoldering bloodgrass tinder
- The first upgrade fragment for the fickle changing stone
- The runic skin of Daedra
- Ebon Knight Outfit Style Pages (not tradable)
- Second Legion Outfit Style Pages (not tradable)
- Breton Terrier (companion)
- Bag of Veteran's Glory
- Guaranteed to contain a collector's item from previous mid-year slaughter that you are still missing
- Group repair material
Once you have acquired all three basic fragments, you can use one of them to summon your fickle walking stone over your collection. During the event, you can also purchase the first upgrade fragment in order to eventually improve your volatile stone into the appearance of the Land of the Dead Scorcher.
As you might already guess, the fickle stone and fragments work just like the Indrik Feathers and Indrik Berries of previous events. Simply collect them during the events and use them to unlock new collectibles! For more information on these new rewards and event tickets in general, see Developer's Guide.
All readers receive daily free news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. So far we have financed this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid items as possible, but since COVID-19 this has become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or cutting their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to offer buffed free of charge as usual in the future.
For this reason we turn to you now. As a buffed supporter, you can support us so that we can continue to offer our content in the usual form free of charge, without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, large or small, is valuable. Supports buffed – it only takes a minute.
Read these interesting stories too PcPS4XBO
TESO: Tore von Oblivion – Hellishly good cinematic trailer
TESO: Chapter Blackwood and DLC Flames of Ambition in preview
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free website with this income. There are no costs for the user.