In a few days the time has finally come: Amazon is defying the summer slump and is celebrating Prime Day 2021 for the 7th time. GIGA summarizes all the important information about the exclusive shopping spectacle, lists the best offers and reveals how you can best prepare for Prime Day 2021.
Prime Day 2021: Amazon already has these top deals
Although the Prime Day 2021 only on Monday June 21st starts, Amazon has already published its first offers. To be able to take part in the discount battle without restrictions, you have to be a Prime member. If you don’t have Prime yet, you can use the service Try it free for 30 days and simply cancel after Prime Day with just a few clicks in your account. You can already secure these warm-up deals now:
- Philips OneBlade Pro for 46.99 euros (instead of € 89.99 RRP): Popular beard trimmer and styler with precision comb for 14 lengths, can be used dry or wet, 90 minutes operating time, cheaper than ever before.
Highlight offer until June 20: 10 euro credit for Prime Day 2021
As in the previous year, Prime customers can secure a 10 euro voucher for Amazon again in 2021 if they shop for at least 10 euros from selected marketplace retailers. This is how the action works in detail:
- Buy between June 7th and 20th at a small and medium-sized company on Amazon for at least 10 euros.
- Received 10 euro credit to your Amazon account, which you can use on Prime Day 2021.
- There will also be up to 20 percent discount on vouchers from selected brands and exclusive coupons from June 11th to 20th, 2021.
Prime Day 2021: These Amazon deals are already online
A highlight on Prime Day are Amazon’s in-house services and devices, as the savings are highest here. The following deals apply in advance:
- Audible: 70 percent discount on the first six months and thus only 2.95 euros per month (instead of 9.95 euros). The audio book service offers a huge selection of bestsellers, new releases, exclusive stories and Audible Original Podcasts.
- Prime Video: Up to 50 percent discount on films and series on Prime Video, including blockbusters like Spider Man: Far from Home, Chernobyl, Game of Thrones and Jojo Rabbit. Selected classic films are also available for EUR 3.99 each.
- Amazon Music Unlimited: Access over 70 million songs and millions of podcast episodes without commercial breaks Free for new customers for 4 months. Savings: 4 x 7.99 euros = 31.96 euros. Find out more about the offer here.
- Kindle Unlimited: 3 months free Unlimited access to over a million Kindle eBooks, eMagazines and thousands of audio books, including bestsellers by well-known authors. Savings: 3 x 9.99 euros = 29.97 euros. Find out more about the offer here.
- Amazon credit card: 40 euros starting credit and up to 3 percent cashback on everything. Find out more about the offer here.
- Prime Gaming: The PC version of Battlefield 4 is free for a limited time. At gaming.amazon.com you will receive a game code that you can redeem at Origin for the Battlefield 4 Standard Edition. There are also numerous other free games and in-game items. Savings: approx. 9 euros. Find out more about the offer here.
Prime Day 2021: When does the Amazon event take place?
- The Amazon Prime Day takes place from June 21-22, 2021 instead of.
- The shopping event has been brought forward this year, normally Prime Day is in mid-July.
- 2020 was an exception: due to the corona pandemic, Amazon Prime Day was postponed to October 13th and 14th.
How can I be reminded of Prime Day?
Save Prime Day as an appointment in the calendar, then you don’t forget it:
How do I optimally prepare for Prime Day 2021?
To use the offers, you have to be a customer of the paid service Amazon Prime. Conveniently, every new customer can join 30-day trial subscription at amazon.de/prime to lock. It is also useful to apply for the Amazon credit card beforehand. This not only gives you 40 euros starting credit, but also 3 percent of the purchase price back as credit that you can use for your next Amazon purchase.
We have summarized bargain tips for Prime Day 2021 in this video:
What other offers will there be on Prime Day 2021?
This is of course still unknown. Based on the offers in the last Prime Days, however, we assume that bargains can be found for at least the following product categories:
- Amazon-Produkte: Echo-Smart-Speaker, Fire TV Sticks, Fire-Tablets, Kindle-eReader, etc.
- Branded technology from Samsung, Apple, Bose, Sony, LG, Microsoft, ect.
- Smartphones, Tablets, Notebooks
- Hard disks, memory cards, NAS systems and other storage media
- Bluetooth boxes and headphones
- Gaming: Consoles and games as well as gaming hardware and accessories (this year probably limited to older generations of consoles due to the global chip crisis)
- Kitchen utensils, fully automatic coffee machines, Jamie Oliver pans
- Household appliances, tools, robot vacuum cleaners, robotic lawn mowers
- Outdoor and camping items
- Fashion, accessories, jewelry and beauty bestsellers
- Groceries, coffee beans, soft drinks and alcohol
Bet you haven’t seen all the Prime benefits yet?
Who is participating in Amazon Prime Day?
Prime Day is an Amazon event. End of the story? Well, not necessarily, because the competition loves to counter Amazon. From our experience, it is likely that at least a few online shops will start counter-actions: Saturn, MediaMarkt and Otto are possible candidates.
You don’t have a Prime at all? Doesn’t matter – even without membership you can save a lot on Amazon:
Should I wait for Amazon Prime Day 2021 to make purchases?
There are good to fantastic prizes on Prime Day. As a rule, however, you do not know beforehand whether what you want will be there. There are always bargains. In other words: if you are looking for a specific product, you don’t have to wait months. Take a look at the price development based on the data in price comparison portals, set a limit for the maximum price that you are willing to pay and then strike when the opportunity arises – whether on Prime Day, Black Friday or on another date.
On the other hand, we also advise against buying products at full price when Prime Day is just around the corner. The chance is good to get a bargain on Prime Day.
Where can I find the best offers for Prime Day 2021?
On the one hand at amazon.de/angebote. The site is certainly not the clearest. However, the entire GIGA editorial team will prepare all the bargain fireworks on the Prime Days and report which products are really worthwhile.