From the interview with developer Rod Fergusson, we were able to find out more about the content of the beta of Diablo 2 Resurrected in the summer and the development of the remaster itself. Here are the most important statements from the Summer Game Fest interview.
During the Summer Game Fest Show host Geoff Keighley spoke to Diablo’s Executive Producer and Vice President Rod Fergusson about the plans for Diablo 2: Resurrected. The remaster of the second part of Diablo now has a release date and will appear on September 23, 2021. You will find the most important statements from the short interview under the interview excerpt from the Summer Game Festival.
- The alpha tests went so well that the September release date was decided to run multiplayer tests in the summer.
- The testers of Diablo Immortals Alpha also gave good feedback. The game will also be released this year.
- Diablo 4 is in deep development. There will be a developer update at the end of this month.
- Diablo 2: Resurrected will have a total of 27 minutes of revised cinematics.
- Original cinematics developers worked on the remastered versions.
- The community feedback on QoL changes such as more chest slots was “phenomenal”.
- The team from Diablo 2: Resurrected has dealt with Able Gamers teamed up to make Diablo 2 even more accessible.
- In the beta, real multiplayer gameplay can be tested on the Blizzard servers – also on consoles.
- Druid and Paladin will be playable during the beta – now a total of five classes.
- The Diablo 2: Resurrected Open Beta will start after the pre-order multiplayer beta in August.
- Working from the home office was still very productive for Blizzard because the company has a very good infrastructure. Nevertheless, console tests presented the developers with challenges.
The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not advertisements as we are independent in researching and selecting the products presented. We receive a small commission for product sales, which we use to partially finance the free content of the website.