When the Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto starts on February 20, 2021, Trainers who have purchased a ticket will be able to choose the Red or Green Edition of the event content. We summarize what you can expect from both variants.
2021 is a very special year for Pokémon fans as the franchise is celebrating its 25th anniversary. In addition, Pokémon GO is five years old – and the developers at Niantic want to celebrate these two anniversaries appropriately. The Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto marks the beginning of the celebrations. If you buy a ticket for the event, which takes place on February 20, 2021, you have the opportunity to register for the Red or Green Edition to decide.
Both editions each contain exclusive Pokémon and a higher chance of certain Shiny variants:
- exclusive Pokémon: Rettan, Myrapla, Menki, Fukano, Sichlor and Elektek
- Higher chance of shiny: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Schiggy, Taubsi, Rettan, Pikachu, Nidoran♀, Myrapla, Digda, Menki, Fukano, Ponita, Muschas, Traumato, Krabby, Kicklee, Schlurp, Sichlor, Elektek, Evoli, Kabuto and Dratini
- exclusive Pokémon: Sandan, Vulpix, Meowth, Knofensa, Magmar and Pinsir
- higher shiny chance: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Schiggy, Taubsi, Pikachu, Sandan, Nidoran♂, Vulpix, Mauzi, Enton, Knofensa, Kleinstein, Owei, Nockchan, Smogon, Tangela, Seeper, Magmar, Pinsir, Evoli, Amonitas and Dratini
The developers have now also announced in a blog post how you can make your choice for the respective edition if you have bought a ticket for the Kanto tour:
- Open your item bag and choose your tour ticket.
- In the selection window that opens, tap on "Select red" or "Select green" and confirm your choice with "YES".
Remember that you can no longer undo your decision. You will also need to choose an edition before you can start the event. As soon as you open the app, a pop-up message will prompt you to make your choice.
All readers receive daily free news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. So far we have financed this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid items as possible, but since COVID-19 this has become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or cutting their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we are unfortunately dependent on if we want to offer buffed free of charge in the usual form in the future.
For this reason we turn to you now. As a buffed supporter, you can support us so that we can continue to offer our content in the usual form for free, without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, large or small, is valuable. Supports buffed – it only takes a minute.
Read these interesting stories too
Pokémon GO: This is how you counter the Team GO Rocket bosses
Pokémon Go: Mega Gyarados as Raid Boss – Counter-Guide
Pokémon Go: Suicune as a raid boss – counterattack guide
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free website with this income. There are no costs for the user.