In addition to the classic wind riding masters who have been transporting you from A to B in World of Warcraft since 2005, the developers are also introducing a new locomotion feature with WoW: Shadowlands: the pact networks. The fresh fast travel system consists of a large number of portals, which you can gradually unlock and connect in the game. The higher your pact rank, the more dimension gates are available to you.
You will only find these helpful portals in the area of the respective pact you have chosen. For example, if you have chosen the Nekrolords as a pact, you can only use the bone gates in Maldraxxus to travel faster through the zone. In the following we reveal the details known so far.
The following information concerns Dataminer finds from the WoW beta: Shadowlands (via Wowhead). This means that Blizzard's development team could work on the new feature and make adjustments. The names, dates and functions of the new fast travel system are not yet final.
The transport system for members of the Kyrian pact relies on the Kyrian gates, thanks to which you can immediately travel to different settlements of the bastion You'll also get a helpful buff when entering the gates – Hurdles – that dissolves your body into pure anima and increases your movement speed by a whopping 300 percent for ten seconds.
- Rank 1: Step of faith – Allows travel to Elysian Hold, Hero's Rest, Aspirant's Rest, and the Temple of Courage. After arriving at a location cast Hurdles, greatly increasing movement speed, and propelling you forward.
- Rank 2: Leap of power – Allows travel to Sagehaven, the Temple of Purity, and the Seat of Eternal Hymns. Unburden duration increased by 100%. Your Summon steward ability can now create an Elysian Beacon, granting you access to the network in the field.
- Rank 3: Eternal Paths – Allows travel to the Temple of Humility and Exaltation Rise. Unburden additionally reduces the radius at which enemies will detect you while active. Your steward's Elysian Beacon can now be used by party members.
The bone gates of the necrolords
The imposing bone gates are exclusively for the members of the Nekrolords pact Reserved. These portals take you to different locations in Maldraxxus. The third rank of the new transport system is particularly impressive. At the highest level you unlock the Zerekriss, your own flying necropolis. This flying fortress hovers over Maldraxxus and crosses several places. You can jump off the necropolis at any time. An undead bird called Twigin then ensures that you land safely on the ground.
- Rank 1: Ziggaraut Now – Allows travel to the top of the Seat of the Primus.
- Rank 2: A Keep Above – Allows travel to the House of Rituals and House of Eyes.
- Rank 3: Flying Fortress – Allows travel to Zerekriss, a flying Necropolis that floats around Maldraxxus.
The night fairy's fairy rings
The mystical fairy rings are available to the members of the Nachtfae pact to disposal. This magical gate system consists of mushroom rings that are connected to several other fairy rings in the Ardenwald. If you travel through one of these rings, you will first be teleported to the large mushroom Marasmius. Marasmius is associated with all mushrooms from Ardenwald. So you have to use its roots to get to the different clearings of the forest.
If you expand the Nachfae transport network, you can even travel to more distant places such as caves and islands, which are far from the coast of Ardenwald and are normally not accessible without a flight.
- Rank 1: Nurtered roots – Allows travel to Heart of the Forest, Stillglade, The Stalks, Forest's Edge. Can be used to reach a unique location: The Ring.
- Rank 2: Fun with fungi – Allows travel to Banks of Life, Elder Stand, and Gormhive. Can be used to reach travel to unique caves in Ardenweald.
- Rank 3: Blossoming Network – Allows travel to Crumbled Ridge, Eventide Grove, Tirna Scithe. Can be used to reach certain islands near Ardenweald.
The Venthyr's blood levels
The transport network of the Venthyrs pact bears the name blood level. These magical mirrors, which resemble the windows of the Blood Quarter in the Icecrown Citadel, are associated with several locations in Revendreth. Currently, players have to travel to all mirrors to associate them with the fall of man. The large blood level network is on the lower level of Fall.
Like the Necrolords portal network, the Venthyr mirror world is not yet complete. At the moment there are only a few locations in Revendreth connected to each other and there are currently no mirror fragments available to repair broken mirrors.
Rank 1: Mirror, mirror – Allows travel to Pridefall Hamlet and The Eternal Terrace.
Rank 2: Looking glass – Allows travel to Halls of Atonement, The Banewood, Dominance Keep and Feeder's Thicket.
Rank 3: Mirror's Edge – Allows you to loot Mirror fragments to repair single-use Blood Mirrors that go to random locations around Revendreth.
How do you like the new feature for WoW (buy now for 14.54 €) Shadowlands? Comfortable travel or would Fleigen be the better travel option from the start? Let us know in the comments!
All readers get daily free news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts from us about World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. So far we have financed this page through advertising and kept it as free as possible from paid items, but since COVID-19 this has become increasingly difficult. Many companies will cut or cut their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets, which we unfortunately rely on if we want to continue offering buffed in the usual way free of charge in the future.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as a buffed supporter so that we can continue to offer our content in the usual way for free without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, large or small, is valuable. Supports buffed – it only takes a minute.
Read these interesting stories too PC
Wow: This is how HP and Itemlevel have developed over the years
Wow: AWC – The 5 best promotions at the BfA Cup in the video
WoW Classic: This new dungeon loot drops in phase 5
(*) We have marked affiliate links with an asterisk. We receive a small commission for a purchase via our link and can thus partially finance the free-of-charge website with this income. There are no costs for the user.