If with WoW Patch 8.3 the Old God N'Zoth blows on Azeroths to attack, Horde and Alliance have to let their warfare rest for the time being and call themselves against the common enemy. This dedicated unity is reflected in the game in various places, including the new rearing mount Shadethorn drone, in contrast to the previous breeds Kua'fon, the Sprout of Torcali and the Honey skidding formers provider is available for the first time for both groups.
But what the Aqir-Mount has in common with the other mounts mentioned is the fact that you have to invest a lot of patience and effort again before you can ride on the back of the drone into battle. We therefore explain you in detail based on an article by Vanionhow to proceed to get the shadow thorn drone.
Grow your own shadow drone – general information
Before we get started with our actual guide and explain the individual steps that you have to take for your very own shadow drone, we have a few general information for you:
- Before you can use the mount, you have to plan 30 days to take care of raising your little Aqir drone.
- During the questline you get the pet as a nice bonus in addition to the actual mount Shadethorn cub and the toy Aqirgelege,
Shadow Drone Rearing, Part I – The Incredible Egg
As in the case of Kua'fon, you must first find an egg before you can start raising your shadow drone. Fortunately, the egg hunt in the case of the Aqir drone is a whole lot easier than with the dino puppy. Because this time you don't have to knock down enemies in rows to get the corresponding egg with a tiny probability and good luck. Instead, you just look for a heap of empty-touched eggs that lie in the sand southwest of the port of Ahnkaten in Uldum (coordinates 61/20).
Note that you can only discover the eggs when the minions of N'Zoth are attacking Uldum. If this is the case, a yellow exclamation mark on the map shows you the location of the associated initial quest for the egg of the Aqir drone. Click on the cluster of empty-touched eggs to complete the quest The incredible egg to accept and put an aqir egg in your pocket.
Afterwards you bring the egg to H'Partho Adoros in Ramkahen, which belongs to the research league and explains that in his opinion not all Aqir are automatically born "bad". That's why he believes that you should hatch the egg and raise the drone yourself. Similar to Kua'fon and the offspring of Torcali, the game shows a progress bar over the egg, which shows you how far the breeding process has already progressed.
Now it's brooding: You have to collect a total of 5,000 points so that the bar above the egg fills up completely. This takes ten days, with a daily quest every day:
- Day 1: Like one egg to another – Examine seven empty-touched eggs in Uldum.
- Day 2: Brooding emptiness – Collect ten Crystalline Void during an attack by the Black Empire.
- Day 3: Well packed – Collect 30 Aqir spider webs during an Aqir attack.
- Day 4: solar heat – Collect a Sun Collector during an Amathet attack.
- Day 5: Guard and brood – Collect ten Crystalline Void during an attack by the Black Empire.
- Day 6: Guard and Brood – Collect ten crystallized void during an attack by the Black Empire.
- Day 7: Included in Bern – Marks a Bernikumbator during a Mantis attack.
- Day 8: Guard and Brood – Collect ten crystallized void during an attack by the Black Empire.
- Day 9: Guard and Brood – Collect ten crystallized void during an attack by the Black Empire.
- Day 10: Guard and Brood – Collect ten crystallized void during an attack by the Black Empire.
- Day 11: As if peeled from the egg – Watch your drone hatch from the egg.
As soon as your drone hatches from its egg, you have completed the first phase of rearing. You get the toy as a reward Aqirgelege and may even give your new companion a name.
Shadow Drone Rearing, Part II – Larva Rearing
Of course, the larva that hatched from your egg is far from being a fully fledged drone. Accordingly, your next task is to raise your cub. H'Partho Adoros will give you a stable for the larva. Now you have to feed your larva and keep them busy. To do this, you will search for food and toys for your little one over a further ten days as part of various quests:
- Balanced nutrition – Collect twelve pieces of meat from wild animals in Uldum or in the Valley of Eternal Flowers.
- meat alternatives – Collect twelve chunks of insect meat from Aqir, Mantis or other insects.
- Putrid fillets – Collect twelve chunks of corrupted meat from N'Zoth servants.
- More putrid fillets – Collect twelve chunks of corrupted meat from N'Zoth servants.
- Action figures – Collect six Amathet figures in Uldum during an Amathet attack.
- Super jelly – Gather eight Concentrated Royal Jelly in the Valley of Eternal Flowers.
- krabbelgruppe – Catch five meek sandstone hatchlings during an Aqir attack.
- They grow up so quickly – Help your larva get out of the cocoon.
You can only complete individual quests if the associated attack on Uldum or the Valley of the Eternal Blossoms is currently active. It may therefore take a little more than ten days to complete the second phase of drone breeding. You will receive a reward for completing the last quest, this time there is the pet Shadethorn cub,
Shadow Drone Rearing, Part III – Training the Adult Drone
After your larva frees itself from its cocoon and has grown into an adult drone, you can go to the final stage of breeding, which is about the combat training of your new companion. As before, this phase also lasts ten days, although some quests require the associated attacks by N'Zoth on Uldum or the Valley of the Eternal Blossoms. Overall, you have to do the following tasks so that your Aqir cub flies:
- Electrifying technology – Collect eight lightning rod parts during a Mogu attack.
- blood snack – Collect eight vials of purified anima during a Mogu attack.
- Aqirinstinkte – Defeat some enemies in Uldum or in the Valley of Eternal Flowers with your aqir cub.
- Fine tuning of instincts – Defeat some enemies in Uldum or in the Valley of Eternal Flowers with your aqir cub.
- The smallest defender – Defeat the Stone Defender of the Baruk with the Shadowthorn Hatchling.
- Mantismeucheln – Defeat the Vil'thik Hatchling with the Shadowthorn Hatchling in the Valley of Eternal Flowers.
- Someone of his size – Defeat Retinus the Seeker with the Shadowthorn Hatchling in Uldum.
- Big bad beetle – Defeat the Aqir Sand Crawler with the Shadowthorn Hatchling in Uldum.
- A personal order – Speak to Blacksmith Abasi in Ramkahen.
- Armor from a different world – Collect twelve pieces of armor from the Black Empire from cultists in Uldum or in the Valley of Eternal Flowers.
- Ready to take off – Bring the saddle of your drone to H'Partho Adoros to get your mount.
If you have also successfully completed all of these tasks, you will finally receive the reward for your efforts after long, hard work: the shadow drone. Finally, we want to know from you: Do you think that the effort for the fourth breeding mount from Battle for Azeroth is worth it? Will you secure the drone directly for the release of Patch 8.3? Let us know and let us know what you think in the comments!
Read these interesting stories too PC
WoW Classic: So far, Blizzard has done all of this wrong
WoW Patch 8.3: New information on Corrupted, N'Zoth, Furorion & much more!